• 24(current)
[Win][v19+] Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
Hi
can i suggest to read 
 Discussions Hardware Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio    :  https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=221407
Regards
Windows 10 + MariaDB base + Matrix | Kodi Build for intel Kodi-Native 3D MVC Playback (as possible)
Skin Titan Mod | Link: Color themes for Titan Mod | Link: Littles mods
For Intel Nuc : Kit Mpc-HC/BE : Config External player with 3D and Pathrought
Looks like my motherboard died. It was a MSI H110 Pro AC with 6th gen I3 processor.  I swapped with an Asus H110M-R since they are available on ebay for 50 bucks.  Booted back up without reinstalling windows or anything and the 3D MVC is working again in case anyone has any troubles.  You can get the motherboard and processor for like 100 bucks combined.  I would proobably do the 7th gen processor though which works with the same chipset as the 6th gen is a little sluggish sometimes.
(2023-02-01, 22:29)K0D1User1138 Wrote: The large audio sync error is an Intel driver error causing the crashes. I had updated one system to the latest Windows version and Intel drivers and it worked at first then began crashing again. I will have to look back at which version of Windows/Drivers will work but that is the culprit. Search back through this thread for "large audio sync error" and start from there.
Hi, 

maybe you can tell me which version you are using? None of my Windows/Driver combinations seem to work. 

Kind regards
Hey, I will have to test later tonight or tomorrow and get back to you. I'm not sure I have it working properly at the moment. Stay tuned.
Thx, a lot in advance Smile
Does anyone use an LG 3D TV with this?  Does it trigger the 3D mode automatically?

I'm using a a few Intel NUCs, and I can get the 3D functionality to work perfectly on my Intel NUC6 as well as my Intel NUC8 when they're connected to my Vizio E3D320VX.  Whether I'm playing MVC movies, or HSBS or TAB/OU, it triggers the correct mode in the TV.  I get the "3D Content Detected click Yes to play in 3D", and it switches to the appropriate mode.

However, the same machines, when connected to my LG OLED65E6P, can't trigger the 3D mode, I have to manually select it using the LG remote.  Moreover, MVC movies don't play as MVC, they play as TAB/OU.

My System & Player settings are The same, except when I'm connected to the LG the resolution is 3840x2160p, whereas the Vizio is 1920x1080p:

System: 
Display Mode:  Full Screen, 
Use Full Screen Window:  Yes
Delay After Change of Refresh Rate:  OFF
Use 10 bit for SDR:  Auto Detect
Dithering:  OFF
Colour Management:  OFF
Use Limited Colour range: OFF
Auto Control Windows 3D DIsplay Mode:  On
Stereoscopic 3D Mode/Current:  Disabled (Current)
-Preferred Mode:  Hardware Based

Player:
Adjust Display Refresh Rate:  OFF
Sync Playback to Display:  OFF
Render Method:  Auto Detect
-Enable HQ Scalers for above:  20%
Allow Hardware Acceleration - DXVA2:  ON
Playback Mode of 3D Videos:   Preferred Mode
Disable Stereoscopic Mode when playback ends:  ON
Support 3D MVC:  ON
3D MVC Decoder HW Support Level:   10
Lock Hardware based 3D to Single FPS:  OFF

So that's it.  There are no Windows based modifications, nothing.  Just unplug the NUC from the Vizio and plug it into the LG and turn it on.  It doesn't work on the LG, which is the real disappointment.  I'd much rather have it work on my big 4K TV, than my old 32" 1080p Vizio.

So back to the original question.  Has anyone made it work with an LG TV?  If so what TV model, how did you make it work, etc, etc.

One thing I noticed, is that when I'm connected to the Vizio, when I start the movie, it will say " Stereoscopic 3D Mode - Hardware Based", and it will stay like that.  I can verify this by click the 3D Button from the contextual menu, and click change mode, it will show me it's hardware,

But when I play it on the LG, it will say Hardware Based for a second, then chnage to whatever the format (Side-by-Side or Over & Under).  If I go to the 3D Mode menu, or if I hit "O" to get playback info, it still says hardware but it's not working as it should.
works on other tvs not lg webos tv... makes me think tv

since its got a whole os in there then i wonder if this could need an update? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfOFbCT9mqM
(2023-03-05, 03:32)jepsizofye Wrote: works on other tvs not lg webos tv... makes me think tv

since its got a whole os in there then i wonder if this could need an update? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfOFbCT9mqM
I already have the latest version of the Software and Firmware already on it, I have automatic updates turned on. 

FWIW, my 3D BluRay player has no problems turning the 3D function on automatically.

Edit:
My Vizio will put up the "3D Content detected...." dialog before changing to 3D Mode.  By contrast, my LG just switches to 3D mode seamlessly.  If there is any dialog box about 3D content, or putting your 3D glasses on, it comes from the disc itself, not from the TV or the BluRay player.  Some movies will pause and tell you to put your glasses on, others don't they just start playback in 3D, or even the menus are in 3D, so you know you need your glasses when you get double-vision Shocked

One other thing, I installed PowerDVD on the mini connected to the LG.  If I mount a 3D ISO, and point to the virtual drive, it can play it perfectly with full 3D functionality.  But It can't play the ISO directly, nor can it play MVC movies in 3D, it plays them in 2D.
Haven't been able to test lately. Long days/nights preventing me to getting to it plus my buddy's projo went kaput (hoping it's just the lamp), Hoping to sort this out this week. I know the information is back in this thread. Maybe search my username in the thread?
(2023-03-05, 08:24)K0D1User1138 Wrote: Haven't been able to test lately. Long days/nights preventing me to getting to it plus my buddy's projo went kaput (hoping it's just the lamp), Hoping to sort this out this week. I know the information is back in this thread. Maybe search my username in the thread?

No worries. Looked for every post of you in this thread but can't find the information which driver/os combination may work or not. 

Kind regards
A lot depends on your hardware, both the PC and the TV itself.

Here is my lineup:

Intel NUC6 w/i3-6100U CPU
Intel HD Graphics 520 
8GB DDR4 / 256GB NVMe
Windows 10 IoT LTSC V21H2
igfx driver:  27.20.100.9415

Intel NUC6 w/i5-6260U CPU
Intel HD Graphics 540
8GB DDR4 / 512GB NVMe
igfx driver:  27.20.100.9415

Intel NUC8 w/i3-8109U CPU
Intel Iris Plus 655 Graphics
8GB DDR4 / 500GB NVMe
igfx driver:  31.0.101.2115 (latest)

All 3 systems use the same windows image, with the same software and KODI load (20.0 MVC Branch release 2).  The only difference are a few drivers (like graphics and LAN) which are different on the NUC8 than the NUC6, and of course the TVs they're connected to
Ah I forgot a new tread was started. Check the previous thread on this topic. I know it's in there.
Hi

----My System & Player settings are The same, except when I'm connected to the LG the resolution is 3840x2160p, whereas the Vizio is 1920x1080p: -----
For 3d mvc, you need to be with  hdmi 1.4 / 1920x1080p
perhaps use an hdmi convertissor.
(sorry for my english)
Regards.
Windows 10 + MariaDB base + Matrix | Kodi Build for intel Kodi-Native 3D MVC Playback (as possible)
I understand what you're saying, and I've seen this mentioned before, in fact I even tried using an HDMI switch I have, which is only HDMI 1.4, yet it doesn't help.

What makes me think that HDMI 1.4 is not a requirement, is my Blu-Ray player, a Sony UBP-X800.  This is a 4K Ultra HD, 3D Blu-Ray player.  It only has HDMI 2.0 outputs.  It has no problems turning 3D mode on the TV when the disk starts to play.  It can even output 4K upscaled 3D from a 3D Blu-Ray disk.

Additionally, the NUC6 only supports HDMI 1.4, works fine with the Vizio TV, but doesn't work correctly on the LG TV.  And the NUC8, which outputs HDMI 2.0a works fine with the Vizio TV, but doesn't work right with the LG.

So I'm not sure the HDMI revision is an issue, otherwise the Sony player wouldn't work.
Hi, Ok.
the LG TV ??

And =>  MFX level setting = ?  
for exemple :   before i use 20. and block updates since 2 years ...  (work fine) .
.. but since last upate (windows 10) : no more 3d

this morning, i take a look in intel's report :

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz
Processor Speed: 1992  MHz
GFX Driver Name: Intel® UHD Graphics 620
Shader Version: 5.1
OpenCL* Version: 3.0
* Microsoft DirectX* *
Runtime Version: 12
Hardware-Supported Version: 12.

So, i put this value (12) into kodi's configuration.   test tonight.

regards
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Win][v19+] Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback0