• 39(current)
Release Matrix v19.3 + micro stuttering fix + TrueHD RAW fix (test builds v19.4)
Thanks for the clarification, @jogal

Since my setup also suffers from repeated audio dropouts during playback of Dolby Atmos embedded into Dolby TrueHD (and only then!) and since there are so many similar complaints and related hints given by others in this thread, I always thought this is the right place to discuss this. Even you provided recommended audio Shield TV settings, of which I always thought that these were provided in order to solve this issue.
For me this thread is CLOSED, new problems in new threads please Blush
Thanks @jogal i opened new thread.
Can someone explain the fix to me because I'm not seeing results. I'm on Kodi 20 and latest firmware of my Shield Pro. My issue only seems related to 4k content. I'm at a loss on how to fix this issue once and for all.

thanks
I don't think v20 fixed anything. KODI can't even tell if a movie is in Atmos (forcing me to relabel all titles to have "(Atmos)" in them so I can tell at a glance (real fun when you re-scan as KODI just writes right over any custom labels even if you just want to update images or ratings or whatever.

MediaInfo has no trouble seeing Atmos or DTS:X in files do why doesn't KODI do something similar? Atmos has been out for almost a decade now so it's ridiculous it can't tell you the correct media format in 2023. I'm sure they'd blame it on ffmpeg or something (in which case why can't it read it 9 years later when simple MediaInfo can?) It also can't play .MKA extracted music Atmos files from blurays without skipping between tracks (25 years after MP3s were a big thing we STILL have media gapless playback issues in everything from cars to KODI when a simple CD player had no issues in 1984!). It's rather mind boggling when you think about it.

Even MediaInfo doesn't see Auro-3D embedded information from 9 years ago and AuroCX just came out (object supporting streaming version of Auro-3D). We also have Sony's new MPEGH based 3D (music and PS5) audio format out there as well. Good luck having anything recognize any of that.

Frankly, it'd be damn nice if KODI at least ignored information in parentheses (other than year) when scraping. Having a movie labeled "Blade Runner (Atmos)" for example just causes the scraper to have a crap fit as it apparently thinks (Atmos) is part of the damn movie name. When have movies EVER put parentheses in their titles beyond an oddball one or two?

Zidoo players want (TrueHD Atmos) to label correctly (but at least that gets the GUI to show a nice Atmos button in the movie listing). If KODI is never going to add Atmos/X/Auro detection, it'd be nice if in the mean time it supported something similar for format detection.

Yeah, I know. I should get right on programming it myself.... (only to find they won't include it for some reason anyway)
THEATER: 11.1.10 Atmos, Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB Speakers; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
someone should point out this thread is closed, it's purpose was to discuss a custom release build of kodi "19.3" from jogal with custom fixes and has zero to do with any current v20 builds

read the first post if you dont believe me
(2023-01-25, 00:58)jepsizofye Wrote: someone should point out this thread is closed, it's purpose was to discuss a custom release build of kodi "19.3" from jogal with custom fixes and has zero to do with any current v20 builds

thanks, I didn't see a new thread about the cutting out so I had hoped that maybe someone would point it out, maybe others are not seeing it?
(2023-01-25, 00:58)jepsizofye Wrote: someone should point out this thread is closed, it's purpose was to discuss a custom release build of kodi "19.3" from jogal with custom fixes and has zero to do with any current v20 builds

I agree. @Klojum Any chance of closing this thread and removing the sticky to avoid clutter and confusion?

Maybe replace it with the new thread regarding the TrueHD IEC fix: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=371292
(2023-01-25, 15:59)MrMagic Wrote: Any chance of closing this thread and removing the sticky to avoid clutter and confusion?

Thread is unstickied. I'm not closing it just yet, it's not the moderators' policy to close threads unless there is a very good reason.

So why are you even here, then? Have you considered just not reading it?
THEATER: 11.1.10 Atmos, Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB Speakers; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
(2023-01-25, 20:59)VonMagnum Wrote:

So why are you even here, then? Have you considered just not reading it?

Yes I read it and I said I tried the fixes with no luck. So maybe I have a different issue. Wanted to see if anyone else had the same results I did. That any of the changes recommend and versions do not work for me.
(2023-01-25, 20:59)VonMagnum Wrote: So why are you even here, then? Have you considered just not reading it?
one of the worlds oldest questions, why am i here, why are we here, what does it all mean? im no guru but i believe i am here just for the sake of being, a part of a time old recycling system
within me lies the past and the future, a part of me will live on in the plants and animals that come after me as i have part of the plants and animals that came before me
i am also a part of the stars in the heaven above and will again be a part of them one day in the future

i really like that you asked, why do you believe You are here?

heres a good read *URL REMOVED*
JFC... I guess y'all get your wish if things are going this way. Perhaps we better change this forum into a wellness center.

Thread closed.
  • 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Matrix v19.3 + micro stuttering fix + TrueHD RAW fix (test builds v19.4)0