• 4(current)
Release Matrix v19.3 + micro stuttering fix + TrueHD RAW fix (test builds v19.4)
I confirm the stutters with the @Eisi2005 's test file with Atmos (Shield pro 2019).
I see in debug that the audio/video sync is totally out of space...
That's weird because it tested a lot WW84 with the french Atmos Audio track without stutters.
Will compare the 2 tracks definition.

@quietvoid , the stutters should appears when you use passthrough.
Is this problem/fix(es) Shield/Kodi IEC packer specific only or am I missing something? Does it happen with Shield no matter which packer Kodi or Android is used? Which are the benefits/downsides between these two?

I can't reproduce any stutter with Eisi2005's test content on my Sony TV, but I can only use Android packer since Kodi's is not available. Also I cannot pass-through TrueHD/Atmos because TV limitations, audio is outputted as PCM.
(2021-10-27, 19:37)supertoto1977 Wrote: @quietvoid , the stutters should appears when you use passthrough.

No difference when allowing passthrough. The Firesticks are not sending Atmos to the TV though, it is getting transcoded to DD.
I didn't see an option for TrueHD/Atmos in Kodi, so maybe that's why.

No regression at least with the builds for me.
My bad, the main part of the fix (min buffer size) is for no passthrough or passtrough IEC.
I too can see stutter in Eisi2005's test file when using TrueHD audio.  I'm on Shield Pro 2019 and using the build posted on the first page of this thread.  I also see stuttering on the Frozen II UHD disc when watching at various points, which were not present in earlier official Matrix releases.

What this build absolutely does is make the patches of previously unplayable TrueHD tracks no longer cut out/stutter/skip but at the cost of newly introduced video stutter.

Here is a sample clip from F2:

https://megaup.net/2lKrm/f2.mkv

When I play that back I get stutter at different times on different attempts, would be interested to hear others' experience with this sample.
Ok, i did some test again.
I have stutters with my version of WW84 Atmos too.
I tested this with my custom build from Matrix 19.2 + fitsch's fix and i had no stutter.
Now, we have the Atmos dropout fix which could be the reason.
My bad, I tested the fix on Audio atmos only which have the issue, not a movie... so i didn't see the stutter.
Will remove this Atmos fix on friday and i'll try again.
(2021-10-27, 17:57)MrMagic Wrote: @hoppel118 This may be an interesting file for you to test with as well...

Thanks @MrMagic I am on vacation at the moment. I will check the here posted test files when I am back at home. Wink

Regards Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
Same here - the sample plays fine with all audio tracks except TrueHD Atmos which stutters regularly.

@jogal do you need debug logs?
If i understand well, with the Atmos fix, the size and duration of an Atmos packet has changed (divided by 2).
The Android audio sink should manage this change too.
We should have now for Atmos, wrong buffer size, frame size and duration...which impact the audio/video sync.
I will do some tests with debug log on friday.

@jogal  
Your fix is for Atmos only or for Dolby TrueHD too ?
Because on android sink, there's no difference between Dolby TrueHD and Dolby Atmos... it's the same.
(2021-10-28, 07:12)supertoto1977 Wrote: If i understand well, with the Atmos fix, the size and duration of an Atmos packet has changed (divided by 2).
The Android audio sink should manage this change too.
We should have now for Atmos, wrong buffer size, frame size and duration...which impact the audio/video sync.
I will do some tests with debug log on friday.

@jogal  
Your fix is for Atmos only or for Dolby TrueHD too ?
Because on android sink, there's no difference between Dolby TrueHD and Dolby Atmos... it's the same.

This may make sense.

@fritsch and me were working at the same time with different changes regardless of each other's work.

I was tested my code on Windows only (I don't have android devices) and it doesn't seem to be affected by the duration change. In Android it may be different.

Maybe now is need to adapt Android sink to new TrueHD frame duration.

Quote:Your fix is for Atmos only or for Dolby TrueHD too
Change affects all TrueHD passthrough audio in general.
Wink 
@jogal 
Ok, thank for the explanation.
I will try tomorrow to fix it on my side even if i'm not an expert in Android nor Audio/Video development.
But thanks to fritsch's explanation and the time spent to read the code, i start to understand how it works Tongue .
Tried this build but over here it did not help at all. Dolby Atmos sound is gone, screen is stuttering like crazy. Not even possible to watch. When selecting another soundtrack the problem is gone.
(2021-10-27, 16:50)Eisi2005 Wrote: I have uploaded a test file.
It contains 3 sound tracks,
Track 1 Dolby True HD Atmos here is the micro-stuttering
Track 2 DTS HD here is no micro-jerking
Track 3 AC3 there is no micro-jerking here

maybe someone would like to test it again

Testfile
Confirmed.  Bad stutter with 23.98Hz in and out matching the file.  I only looked at Atmos.

EDIT: sorry looked at 2019 Shield today.

craigr
I own a video engineering firm, ergo I understand video.
Kodi Signal Chain: Nvidia ShieldTV (2019) > Lumagen Radiance PRO (video output) > JVC RS4100 Projector, Paladini DCR, 2.40AR 128" Wide STK1.3 G4
                                                                                                                           (audio output) > Lexicon MC-10 Pre/Pro > 2x Lexicon LX7 Amps
I can also confirm the stuttering with TrueHD. Everything else is perfect. I also tried the opening scene in Wrath of a Man in DTS-HD, super smooth. But anything with TrueHD stutters.

Config:Shield pro 2019, Panasonic VT30
Hello,

I have a first fix for IEC only not for RAW format.
Tested with WW84 and the Green Knight (first minutes only).
I don't see any stutter but it has to be tested more during a complete movie session.
Code is available here
I have a test package (from 19.3 branch + fritsch's fix + my fix) for ARM64 only which can be installed beside your current installation (package name is org.xbmc.kodi19)
You can download here

I need some feedbacks.

Will try to solve the RAW format issue but i have no clue for the moment.

@jogal 
Is it possible for you to provide a new "official" test package (ARM64 and ARM) with this fix if the first feedbacks are good?
Moreover, on Windows, do the a/v sync values in Debug Process screen are not stable? I mean that i see in Android a huge gap.
Cannot test myself, i don't have Windows at home  Tongue
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Matrix v19.3 + micro stuttering fix + TrueHD RAW fix (test builds v19.4)0