Kodi 19.2 - No Scraper is working
Hello,

on kodi 19.2 no scraper is working for me.
Kodi crash during scraping and i only can restart with a reboot my fire tv Stick 4k max.
I find no error in the debug log.

Can anyone help me ?

THX in advance!

debug.log
(2021-10-29, 11:26)rebirth75 Wrote: Can anyone help me ?

Pinpoint one or two movies to us that do not get scraped, so we can trace things a bit.
(2021-10-29, 11:38)Klojum Wrote:
(2021-10-29, 11:26)rebirth75 Wrote: Can anyone help me ?

Pinpoint one or two movies to us that do not get scraped, so we can trace things a bit.
The next scraping movie was "Zazie (1960)"
I think the problem are not the movies. When i make a restart from kodi the scraping process continue with the next few movies and the crash comes again soon and at 99% will stop.
Sometimes scrapes one or two movies before get stuck, sometimes 10 movies.

I have the problem since i install kodi 19.2 and take the backup database folders from kodi 18.9. Something can be broken or some files from 18.9 i should not use for kodi 19.2.
Dont know where the problem is Confused
That log does not show any crashing. It shows a normal shutdown. Also the movie Zazie is not in the log.

Please capture the crash in the Debug Log.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-10-30, 12:01)Karellen Wrote: That log does not show any crashing. It shows a normal shutdown. Also the movie Zazie is not in the log.

Please capture the crash in the Debug Log.
The movie Zazie was the next movie to scrape after the restart because of this the movie is not in the logfile.
The crash cant be shown in the logfile because I have to stop kodi myself when stuck on scraping prozess e.g. at 99%.  A normal shutdown is not possible this time.
I can wait 10 minutes but the scraping process is frozen. I wonder why the hang is not shown in the debug.log
No one an idea ?

Why my kodi frozen by scraping movies ?
Is it my big movie collection ? Problem with Thumbnails ? Problem with my profile ? Problem with sources ?
(2021-10-31, 18:16)rebirth75 Wrote: No one an idea ?
Absolutely no idea. There is not a single thing wrong in your log that could point us to a problem.

Create another Debug Log and enable Component Logging for SMB Library, LibcURL, JSON-RPC, Database, Windowing, and Announce.
Maybe something will show up there.
https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy#Ena...ic_logging
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hello Karellen,

Thx for your answer.
Here is the new debug.log with component logging.

In this log i could scrape all 15 movies what i added today, but after the last movie the progress bar stops at 50%. A normal shutdown was not possible but after a new start all 15 movies are in the database.
One error i could found in the log.
(2021-11-02, 20:59)rebirth75 Wrote: Here is the new debug.log with component logging.
Unfortunately, I cannot see a single thing wrong.
I can see at the end of the log you are selecting shutdown, then the log ends.

I am guessing there is some process that still has not finished whatever it is doing. Maybe you can let it finish? Walk away, come back half an hour later. What is the longest you have let it sit there?
Your scrapers are up to date. Maybe you could try updating to Kodi v19.3? I don't know if it will fix the problem, but at least it is something to try.
Apart from that, I am sorry to say that I have absolutely no idea.
My Signature
(2021-11-02, 21:18)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-11-02, 20:59)rebirth75 Wrote: Here is the new debug.log with component logging.
Unfortunately, I cannot see a single thing wrong.
I can see at the end of the log you are selecting shutdown, then the log ends.

I am guessing there is some process that still has not finished whatever it is doing. Maybe you can let it finish? Walk away, come back half an hour later. What is the longest you have let it sit there?
Your scrapers are up to date. Maybe you could try updating to Kodi v19.3? I don't know if it will fix the problem, but at least it is something to try.
Apart from that, I am sorry to say that I have absolutely no idea.

Ok, i will updating to kodi 19.3 after did not work i go back to kodi 18.9. The longest time i wait are only  5 -10 minutes then i shutdown. Will wait longer by next time scraping movies.
2 months ago i move ca. 1000 movies to another server without a database cleanup, maybe this can be a problem.
(2021-11-02, 21:36)rebirth75 Wrote: 2 months ago i move ca. 1000 movies to another server without a database cleanup, maybe this can be a problem.
Yes, that could cause some problems. It means that Kodi is looking for 1000+ movies to scan for changes each time you run the update library. If it is searching across a NFS network, it could take time to make those connections for 1000 movies. There is no evidence of that in the log, but it is a possibility for the freeze you are experiencing.
Maybe delete your current install and install v19.3 fresh and rebuild your library?
My Signature
(2021-11-02, 22:25)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-11-02, 21:36)rebirth75 Wrote: 2 months ago i move ca. 1000 movies to another server without a database cleanup, maybe this can be a problem.
Yes, that could cause some problems. It means that Kodi is looking for 1000+ movies to scan for changes each time you run the update library. If it is searching across a NFS network, it could take time to make those connections for 1000 movies. There is no evidence of that in the log, but it is a possibility for the freeze you are experiencing.
Maybe delete your current install and install v19.3 fresh and rebuild your library?
Maybe a database cleanup from the 1000 Movies (they are all in one subfolder in the database source) is enough. A rebuild from my libary would be the last way out but I want to prevent this with my huge movie collection ;-)
Now i made a database cleanup and scrape the 1000 movies from my second server to the kodi database. there was no scraping problem with this movies. All movies scraping very fast and without an error.
The source from the second server is a smb source and the source where i have scraping problems is a nfs source. Maybe kodi 19.2 have problems with scraping nfs sources and tons of folders and movies ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 19.2 - No Scraper is working0