Green screens
Would also like to chime in with my experience - constant green screens at the start of videos (h.264) with intermittent corruption (almost like artifacts/keyframe smears/stutters). Fixed by disabling DXVA2 acceleration.

Don't usually have any issues (with everything up to 80GB 2160p MKV disc rips), but recently been watching a series where it's prevalent (to the point of rendering content unwatchable when the corruption occurs) - series began as SD and progressed to HD, and while the greenscreen occasionally occurred in SD, it was every episode in the 720p h.264 files (which, of course, were absolutely fine).
Disable post processing and hardware acceleration to fix green screen issue.

Doing the above fixed green screen issue for me.
(2022-02-24, 21:50)flawlesssoul Wrote: Don't usually have any issues (with everything up to 80GB 2160p MKV disc rips), but recently been watching a series where it's prevalent (to the point of rendering content unwatchable when the corruption occurs) - series began as SD and progressed to HD, and while the greenscreen occasionally occurred in SD, it was every episode in the 720p h.264 files (which, of course, were absolutely fine).

Can you provide a media sample both SD and HD, especially in cases where the issue is persistent all the time (unwatchable).

If I have samples maybe I can correct it or implement a workaround.
Hi, I see that disabling hardware acceleration fixes the issue but, unfortunately, on my Philips Android TV the decoding without the HW acceleration makes the process so heavy that kodi only shows a still image each 10 seconds. Is there any other workaround? Thanks!
I was having a similar green flashing issue with my 4k videos on my TCL Android TV but the flashing never went away making the videos unwatchable. Turning off hardware accelleration did fix the green flashing but then the videos were super laggy as my tv hardware couldnt keep up.

Finally i found an odd but very simple work around. I leave hw accelleration on and while playing the green flashing 4k video i open the video settings dialogue from the pause/play menu and i changed Pixel Ratio from 1.0 to 1.01 and that stopped the green flashing and video played perfectly. Hopefully this helps others.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Green screens0