Is there a way to PM or respond to a moderator directly?
Forgive me, but I am really new to the site and Kodi in general.  I am trying to get a hold of Karellen and DarrenHill on a post I made as it violated the rules, and I don't see a way to contact them directly.
Thank you!
-Red
(2021-11-02, 04:24)Go_Big_Red Wrote: I am trying to get a hold of Karellen
Here I am. What can I help you with?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-11-02, 04:33)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-11-02, 04:24)Go_Big_Red Wrote: I am trying to get a hold of Karellen
Here I am. What can I help you with?
I just wanted to completely apologize for the first post I made that violated the rules, and then the second one that DarrenHill moved.  I meant no disrespect and am really new to this Kodi thing, and forums, and the like...  I didn't realize that there were good and bad add-ons.  I got this xbox from a friend and he gave me some sites to go to.  When they didn't work, I figured I'd come to the folks who made Kodi, not realizing that add-ons are made by other people.  Thank you for being generous in your responses when removing my posts, and I'll be sure to research other posts on the forum to educate myself.
Best regards, and humblest apologies,
-Red
(2021-11-02, 04:43)Go_Big_Red Wrote: just wanted to completely apologize for the first post I made that violated the rules, and then the second one that DarrenHill moved
Thank you for your apology. It is not a problem. Smile
We have strict forum rules relating to piracy addons.
These piracy addons give Kodi a bad reputation as many, many users believe that's all that Kodi is, just piracy software. And to ensure the major film studios around the world don't come and attack us about the piracy, we have to show we are not supportive of it.
And don't worry about having to move posts. It is a big forum, and people get confused where to post. It only takes a few seconds for us to move.

(2021-11-02, 04:43)Go_Big_Red Wrote: When they didn't work, I figured I'd come to the folks who made Kodi, not realizing that add-ons are made by other people.  
Yep, many addons are made by 3rd party. Addons can be split into the following groups...

1. Official Kodi addons. These are addons created by Team Kodi and other respected 3rd party addon developers and are in the Official Repository. These addons have been inspected by us and approved.
They can be found here... https://kodi.tv/addons/matrix/

2. Approved 3rd party add-ons. These addons are created by 3rd party developers but not in the Official Repository for various reasons- usually the developer does not want the extra workload of submitting to the official repository
Many of these addons can be found in this forum. Others are hosted elsewhere

3. Banned Addons. These are all the piracy addons which we forbid on this forum
Support for these needs to be directed to the site where you obtained the addon from. Usually there is no way to get support for them as the developers remain hidden.

(2021-11-02, 04:43)Go_Big_Red Wrote: ll be sure to research other posts on the forum to educate myself.
Just keep in mind that there the Xbox Kodi is currently broken and we are working hard to fix it.
There is a fix that can be made by users, but if your experience with kodi is still new, you may not be able to implement the fix, so just wait for v19.4 or 19.3.1 (we don't know which version number we are using yet)

But if you have questions that don't involve banned addons, like how to use Kodi generally, feel free to ask.
Also check out the wiki and maybe start with "First Time User'... https://kodi.wiki/view/Main_Page
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@Go_Big_Red

This article might help you understand what we go through... https://kodi.tv/article/in-defence-of-our-good-name/
My Signature
(2021-11-02, 04:58)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-11-02, 04:43)Go_Big_Red Wrote: just wanted to completely apologize for the first post I made that violated the rules, and then the second one that DarrenHill moved
Thank you for your apology. It is not a problem. Smile
We have strict forum rules relating to piracy addons.
These piracy addons give Kodi a bad reputation as many, many users believe that's all that Kodi is, just piracy software. And to ensure the major film studios around the world don't come and attack us about the piracy, we have to show we are not supportive of it.
And don't worry about having to move posts. It is a big forum, and people get confused where to post. It only takes a few seconds for us to move.
(2021-11-02, 04:43)Go_Big_Red Wrote: When they didn't work, I figured I'd come to the folks who made Kodi, not realizing that add-ons are made by other people.  
Yep, many addons are made by 3rd party. Addons can be split into the following groups...

1. Official Kodi addons. These are addons created by Team Kodi and other respected 3rd party addon developers and are in the Official Repository. These addons have been inspected by us and approved.
They can be found here... https://kodi.tv/addons/matrix/

2. Approved 3rd party add-ons. These addons are created by 3rd party developers but not in the Official Repository for various reasons- usually the developer does not want the extra workload of submitting to the official repository
Many of these addons can be found in this forum. Others are hosted elsewhere

3. Banned Addons. These are all the piracy addons which we forbid on this forum
Support for these needs to be directed to the site where you obtained the addon from. Usually there is no way to get support for them as the developers remain hidden.
(2021-11-02, 04:43)Go_Big_Red Wrote: ll be sure to research other posts on the forum to educate myself.
Just keep in mind that there the Xbox Kodi is currently broken and we are working hard to fix it.
There is a fix that can be made by users, but if your experience with kodi is still new, you may not be able to implement the fix, so just wait for v19.4 or 19.3.1 (we don't know which version number we are using yet)

But if you have questions that don't involve banned addons, like how to use Kodi generally, feel free to ask.
Also check out the wiki and maybe start with "First Time User'... https://kodi.wiki/view/Main_Page
Thank you for all of the information.  We were just using it to watch shows that we missed on tv a couple of days and didn't realize how much more involved it was until the update.  Yes...I will be waiting for the new version.  In the meantime, lot's of reading!!!
Take care, and thanks again!
-Red
(2021-11-02, 05:10)Karellen Wrote: @Go_Big_Red

This article might help you understand what we go through... https://kodi.tv/article/in-defence-of-our-good-name/

WOW!!!!  Read it all, and very impressed with what you have to go through and your stance on it all.  Had no idea that this was all voluntary!  Heck of a ton of work and many thanks to you all.  And I particularly liked the "We do not sell...carrot sticks or french fries" in the We Do Not Sell Hardware post.

Thanks again for the info and opening this users eyes to what Kodi is all about.  Keep up the good work!
-Red

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there a way to PM or respond to a moderator directly?0