Showing What's Going to be Recorded in Guide
(2021-11-17, 03:54)Toricred Wrote: I don't see anything show up if I set it up as a timer.

Maybe try another skin? That way we will know if your issue is recordings in general or specific to the Amber skin.
It works fine on Aeon Nox Silvo.
If it helps, I posted a debug log here: https://paste.kodi.tv/apiruririp.kodi
@bsoriano Do the skins all use their own icons or do you pull them from another folder?  I can't seem to find which folder the icons reside in.  Just thought I would experiment with changing the color of the guide 'record' icon.

Also, as above, it seems the missing icon issue is specific to the Amber skin as they appear correctly with other skins.

Cheers, Marty.
@mminehan , @Toricred , are you using the Amber version from the Kodi repo, the latest from the Amber repo, or the latest from GitHub? Please confirm.  Thanks.

With the latest from GitHub (and this should be the same with the latest version in the Amber repo), when I choose "Record" on a show in the Guide, I get an icon in the guide, red record circle if the recording is happening at this moment, or a single clock if the recording is happening later.  You can see what I mean here:

If you take a look at the screenshot, you will see two shows being recorded now (red record icon), one series scheduled to be recorded (repeating, added as a timer, multiple clocks icon), one series to be recorded later (chose Record from the guide, single clock icon), and one series where I added a reminder type timer (bell icon).

Perhaps (I do not remember), I made changes to Amber subsequent to the version that is in the Kodi repo, that fixes the issue of the icon not appearing.  

Please let me know what version you are using from what source.  Thanks.

If you are using the Kodi repo version, could you please use the latest from GitHub and let me know if the issue persists? You can get it from here: https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/skin...master.zip . once you download the zip file, open it and remove the "-master" ending from the folder name inside the zip file, and then you can install Amber from the zip file (in Kodi, Addons, Addon Browser, Install from Zip file).

Also, @Toricred , Amber does not show random fanarts as the guide background.  It shows either the TV main menu item default background, or the Amber default background.  Would you prefer showing whatever background you have selected for the TV main menu item? I can change the code to do that, and then you could configure random fanarts for the TV main menu item and they would show up as background for the guide.  Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
When I use the one from the Kodi Repo it all works for the timer icons and recording icons. When I've tried the github and Amber repos it doesn't work. I'll try the latest in a few minutes. Also I'd like the guide to show the TV menu background (which I have set to Random Fanart).
Still won't show the Timer Icon on some items.
(2021-11-18, 23:54)Toricred Wrote: Still won't show the Timer Icon on some items.

@Toricred , thanks for letting me know.  Could you please try the latest from GitHub? I think I have found the issue and fixed it.  Please let me know if it is indeed fixed.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-11-19, 00:57)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-11-18, 23:54)Toricred Wrote: Still won't show the Timer Icon on some items.

@Toricred , thanks for letting me know.  Could you please try the latest from GitHub? I think I have found the issue and fixed it.  Please let me know if it is indeed fixed.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Hi Bart,

I can confirm that the Github version, as you linked to in the previous post, works.  The clock icons display as expected.

I had a bit of trouble installing the zip file.  Having not installed from a zip file before I wasn't sure exactly what to do.  But figured out you have to remove the "-master" from the folder name inside the zip file by renaming it and then saving the zip file again.  Initially I extracted and save the extracted folder.  But Kodi obviously could not see find any zip files. 

I did this on my test setup.  I'll try it on my working live system now.

Thanks for your help.  M
Still not working for me. I wonder if the HDHR stuff from zuki uses a different name for recording series. I did notice some errors like that in the debug log I posted.
Here's the error I noticed:

2021-11-17 13:18:24.858 T:17592   ERROR <general>: PVR::CPVRTimerType::CreateFromAttributes: Unable to resolve timer type (0x2000002, 0x400009, 795398121)
(2021-11-19, 01:39)Toricred Wrote: Here's the error I noticed:

@Toricred , yes, I noticed those, and they would seem to have to do with the issue.  What I do not get is why the icons are showing correctly in other skins.  I will take a look at the difference in the code between Amber and Aeon Nox Silvo to see if I can figure that out.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Just a quick update.  I installed the Github repo version on my live system and that also is now functioning as expected with both the single and multiple clock icons.

Just out of curiosity, where are the icon files located (for Windows installs)?  It's just that I would like to experiment with changing the color of the clock icons so they are obvious when scanning through the TV guide.

Cheers, Marty.
Oh...and one more quick newbie question.  When I installed from the ZIP i got warning that the addon would be automatically updated in the future.  Not sure if that means I need to wait for update skin to be added to the Kodi repo or if I have to install any update manually in the future?
sorry ..... I meant "NOT be automatically update".

Not sure why I can't edit my previous posts.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Showing What's Going to be Recorded in Guide0