iOS Internet not connected
Hello.

When I open Kodi and go to "Settings"->"Add-ons ->"Install from repository", I get an error "Could not connect to repository." Also in "System info"->"Network" it shows "Internet: Not connected. Check network settings." The problem persists on both types of connections: WiFi and cellular. All other apps on iPhone have a connection to the Internet. I don't see Kodi entry in iPhone's Settings app where I can allow or restrict connection to WiFi or cellular like for apps from AppStore.

I have Kodi-iOS (64-bit) from BigBoss repo on iPhone 11 Pro Max with iOS 14.5.1 + unc0ver 7.0.2. Here's debug log.
(2021-11-05, 15:54)Lamoboy Wrote: I have Kodi-iOS (64-bit) from BigBoss repo

Does our own Kodi release not work on your device?
(2021-11-05, 18:20)Klojum Wrote:
(2021-11-05, 15:54)Lamoboy Wrote: I have Kodi-iOS (64-bit) from BigBoss repo

Does our own Kodi release not work on your device?
I've just installed Kodi v19.3 (Matrix) from the official website and it has the same issue. Before installing it I deleted the version from BigBoss and all of its traces in the file system.
Hmpf... Weird. Perhaps @kambala can shine his light on it.
do you have maybe some network-related tweaks installed? I'm really not into the JB topic and no such issue on non-JB devices...
(2021-11-05, 22:04)kambala Wrote: do you have maybe some network-related tweaks installed? I'm really not into the JB topic and no such issue on non-JB devices...

I don't have such tweaks. Moreover, other apps have access to the Internet.
well, most probably your other apps use native networking, but Kodi relies heavily on cross-platform solutions like libCurl. But it still doesn't explain what issue you have and why...

no VPN and similar things configured in the OS as well?
(2021-11-06, 09:30)kambala Wrote: well, most probably your other apps use native networking, but Kodi relies heavily on cross-platform solutions like libCurl. But it still doesn't explain what issue you have and why...

no VPN and similar things configured in the OS as well?

No
I've just opened Kodi and went to Settings->System info->Network to check the status of the Internet connection and the miracle happened: standard iOS pop-up window appeared asking if I want to allow Kodi to use wireless data and I chose WLAN & Mobile and now Kodi has access to the Internet!

Why this window hadn't appeared when I launched Kodi for the first time like in other apps?

By the way, there is no Kodi entry in iPhone's Settings app still where I can control the app's access to the wireless data, location and other stuff.
Sounds like something jb-specific, as the dialog appears normally when you install on a non-jb device. Perhaps @sy6sy2 could shed some light.
Hi, I never has this issue.
I just tried to completely remove Kodi and install it again from Cydia, no internet pop-up notification and Kodi correctly have internet access.
This is my test information:
* Kodi 19.2 from TheBigBoss repo
* iPhone 7, iOS 14.7.1, Checkra1n jailbreak

@Lamoboy, do you still have the issue?
Trying to keep Kodi working on tvOS on free time — Former developer of Catch-up TV & More video add-on (GitHub repoWebsite)
(2021-11-12, 10:27)sy6sy2 Wrote: @Lamoboy, do you still have the issue?

No, I don’t have this issue anymore.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Internet not connected0