[Raspbian] Controller (that works elsewhere) not detected by KODI
Hello,

I am on the newest KODI version on the Raspbian repository. I have an XBox Wireless Controller paired via BT with the RasPi. It works perfectly, e.g. in Moonlight-QT.

However, KODI does not detect it. The controller does not show up under peripherals. And the controller configuration dialogue does not react to any button presses on the controller.

Previously, I had OSMC installed. Here, the controller did show up under peripherals and was configurable.

Maybe some plugin is missing in KODI? In some threads I found on other forums, some people had the same issue and say they were able to fix it by installing "kodi-addons-peripheral-joystick". However, these threads were about Arch Linux, not Raspbian. And I am unable to find that addon in the KODI repository.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you very much!
I think you have to install them outside of kodi with your package manager:
xml:

apt-get install kodi-peripheral-joystick

And similarly to install game addons:
xml:

apt-get install kodi-game*
Awesome, that was it! Thank you very much!

It seems that I still need to install emulators (when I try to open an SNES rom, I get the message that it is incompatible with all available emulators).

Many websites claim that you can install them under "Game Addons -> Emulators". But "Emulators" does not exist on my system.

Do you maybe also have some advice for this? Thank you very much!
You should be able to install them with apt-get, but I'm not sure they're in the repo for raspbian.
If you do:
xml:

apt-cache search kodi-game*

That should list everything thats available, including the kodi-game-libretro addon (which you do need), addons like kodi-game-nestopia, kodi-game-genesisplus, etc

If there are no game addons in the repo, then they're not being built for raspbian for whatever reason. You can add an unofficial repo from here, which others have said does work for Raspbian (I personally haven't tried it).
(2021-11-08, 05:51)zachmorris Wrote: You should be able to install them with apt-get, but I'm not sure they're in the repo for raspbian.
If you do:
xml:

apt-cache search kodi-game*

That should list everything thats available, including the kodi-game-libretro addon (which you do need), addons like kodi-game-nestopia, kodi-game-genesisplus, etc

If there are no game addons in the repo, then they're not being built for raspbian for whatever reason. You can add an unofficial repo from here, which others have said does work for Raspbian (I personally haven't tried it).

Awesome, that worked as well! Thanks so much!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Raspbian] Controller (that works elsewhere) not detected by KODI0