Refresh of Library Content, different to Update?
THeres a long thead about this in Xbox Support as I had the same problem last week. What version of Media Companion are you using?
I'm pretty sure I had 2 problems and 2 seperate bugs Katz.

The new Episodes not being added seems in TV with Library Update seems to be an XBMC bug, most likely when using NFO's and I believe that is still present for me, although I need to test some more.

There was also a bug in MC 1.91 that did something to the media so XBMC wouldn't pick it up. Alot of people wouldn't notice this as if its already in the Libray it doesn't go away unless you ask it to check for bad entries. Only people starting from scratch would experience it. But once I deleted all the NFO's and TBN's (not fanart) and rescanned with 1.988 Beta 2 picked everything up first time.
sho Wrote:Where in the documentation do you see this as a valid filename format?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=38964

manual Wrote:The defaults will match the following structures/file names
foo.s01e01.*
foo.s01.e01.*
foo.s01_e01.*
foo_[s01]_[e01]_*
foo.1x01.*
foo.101.*

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=TV_Shows#TV_...onventions
Am I not reading that right?
I don't think so
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foo
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
sho Wrote:I don't think so
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foo

Okay, I guess I'm not following. What would be a valid structure then? I could honestly care less what my files are named/how they are organized, as long as XBMC properly sees them.
sorry ive been away for a bit people.

Stormy informed me that a fix was implemented? I will just have to wait till t3ch compiles again.

Im hoping the Update Library function now works. IE, scans all content set folders for NEW media. (im using the command XBMC.updatelibrary(video) on my Universal remote to run the Update Library function.
Got a Logitech Harmony ONE ? Click here for my XBMC Customization HOW TO
b0bx13 Wrote:Okay, I guess I'm not following. What would be a valid structure then? I could honestly care less what my files are named/how they are organized, as long as XBMC properly sees them.
Sorry, did not see this until now.

Foo is a placeholder for anything. So in your case you would need to prefix your files by anything.

Using your example, 101 episodetitle.avi would for example become
showname.101.episodetitle.avi
(IF the documentation is exact and correct)
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
I am suddenly having a similar problem. Running Atlantis Beta on AppleTV.
Not sure what I did to break it. I did mess up adding a source. And then deleted it using the web interface.

An episode was not appearing in the library so I messed with stuff.
I removed the directory and put it back. The Show container was present. But the episode count was zero.
More experimentation and discovered *no* new content will add to the TV library at all.

Tried exporting the library and re-importing. That left a mess. Lots of missing artwork. Some missing episodes.

So I zapped the database and re scanned from scratch.
The movie library reconstructed perfectly.
But the TV library has 35 empty shows. No episodes.

This is not a file directory structure issue. Everything was scraping and working yesterday.

I do not use NFOs - and I am not using the companion program.

It is exactly as if the TV directory scan is NOT recursively going down below uppermost directory level. The scanner identifies new show directories. But skips over content inside all directories.

All methods of refreshing, updating are ineffective.
I can of course play the content via the "Videos" file menu.

C.
Ping.
Anyone?

Removed and re-added my TV shows as a source.
XBMC identifies a long list of shows, but won't add episodes.
Is there a settings file I can nuke somewhere?

C.
try backing up your db file, nuke it and rescan
sho Wrote:try backing up your db file, nuke it and rescan

Thanks, figured it out. Somehow damaged advancedsettings.xml a while back, breaking the TV scraper, but for some reason, everything kept on working.

Made a recent change to advancedsettings (skiploopfilter) and then scraping of new content stopped.

C.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Refresh of Library Content, different to Update?0