Linux Latest Version - Updating
Try to be nice. This is my first day sticking with Linux.

I have tried using Linux for my HTPC several times before (not including LibreElec, which I have used successfully for long periods). When I say Linux, I mean fill blown. But, until now, I always ran into some issue that made me switch back to something else. It looks like I might finally be able to stick with it this time.

Anyway, I am using the latest Ubuntu, and I know about adding the official Kodi repo to facilitate installing the latest version of Kodi. I know how to install Kodi from terminal also. But, here's my question. Now that i have the team XBMC repo installed, will Kodi be presented as an update along with other software through "Discover"? I believe it would work like the Play Store on Android (for example) and show the update when available? I may even be able to enable auto-updating if I wanted?

What I am getting at is... I don't have to manually run the Kodi install command in thermal when the time comes for the next update, right?

Thanks much in advance.

Thanks much in advance.
When you have installed Kodi using the PPA as per our Wiki instructions, then updates of Kodi and its system dependent files will be updated automatically when:

- Ubuntu does its periodic internal update check
- You press the Updates icon in the Ubuntu GUI
- You manually activate system updates via the command-line using sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade.

You can withhold updates in Ubuntu, but that's another matter.
Thank you. Appreciate the confirmation. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Latest Version - Updating0