Release Support thread for Autostop addon
(2022-02-01, 20:46)Atreyu Wrote: It's fixed with latest 1.0.3 Wink

Thanks for the confirmation.

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
I resubmitted version 1.0.3 to the Kodi repository under pull request #2207.

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
(2022-02-01, 22:13)jbinkley60 Wrote: I resubmitted version 1.0.3 to the Kodi repository under pull request #2207.

Jeff

The request was accepted by the Kodi repository after a couple of minor cosmetic tweaks. 

Jeff
Saw it on git, will install from repo after it arrives. Thanks!
I have another something i am thinking of to bother you with.

There still seems to be an issue sometimes when a timer is started. If (and only if) the initial setting is 0 and timer is called through a favorite shortcut, sometimes the stop action is triggered immediately.I tested in a way that is not a result of overshooting, as the only action at this point is call the service.

I was wondering: could we have the starting value be at first available value in the list other than or above 0 ? Right now, a value of 0 is shown on first call which i suspect triggers stop action on some occasions (i am not very knowledgeable on the mechanisms).
Since user is activating the timer, first value when the service gets called could logically be a value other than 0. What do you think?
(2022-02-03, 20:24)Atreyu Wrote: I have another something i am thinking of to bother you with.

There still seems to be an issue sometimes when a timer is started. If (and only if) the initial setting is 0 and timer is called through a favorite shortcut, sometimes the stop action is triggered immediately.I tested in a way that is not a result of overshooting, as the only action at this point is call the service.

I was wondering: could we have the starting value be at first available value in the list other than or above 0 ? Right now, a value of 0 is shown on first call which i suspect triggers stop action on some occasions (i am not very knowledgeable on the mechanisms).
Since user is activating the timer, first value when the service gets called could logically be a value other than 0. What do you think?

Great catch in the logic.  I think I know what may be happening but I will need to do some testing.  The short version is that there is a counter which runs in the background when a file is playing.  It resets to 0 when the file stops but if the stop setting is 0 and then you enable a stop time, it is possible the counter is already higher than the stop time you requested.  That would cause an immediate stop. 

When this is happening is something playing and then you hit the favorite shortcut ?  If so, I think what I need to do is check if the stop time is zero when a file is playing and if it is, reset the background counter to zero.  Then it will only start incrementing when you change the stop timer to something higher than zero.  It will be accurate to within 10 seconds because that is how often the background timer checks for changes.

Jeff
Yes, exactly how you describe is when this happens.

Makes perfect sense, this is only true for setups where the current/active timer value is zero.

I was thinking along the lines of the old-fashioned sleeptimer where first press would increment x minutes. Your way sounds like it should combat the behaviour so interested in your findings!
(2022-02-03, 23:11)Atreyu Wrote: Yes, exactly how you describe is when this happens.

Makes perfect sense, this is only true for setups where the current/active timer value is zero.

I was thinking along the lines of the old-fashioned sleeptimer where first press would increment x minutes. Your way sounds like it should combat the behaviour so interested in your findings!

I did some testing and what I described is exactly what was happening.  I uploaded version 1.0.4a which should fix the issue.  Now the sleep counter won't start incrementing unless a file is playing and the sleep timer setting is greater than 0.  My testing shows it fixes the issue.  Please give it a try and thanks for catching this.  This issue would have only shown itself when the sleep timer is changed by the favorites process while a file was playing, which is what you saw.

Jeff
Installed version 104a, haven't been able to reproduce yet...
Yup, i think we can safely say you tackeled this one. Great 👍
(2022-02-04, 00:10)Atreyu Wrote: Installed version 104a, haven't been able to reproduce yet...
Yup, i think we can safely say you tackeled this one. Great 👍

Thanks for the confirmation.  I'll hold submitting this one for a bit just to ensure nothing else is found.  This is a pretty obscure bug that's been there from the beginning.

Jeff
I've submitted version 1.0.4 to the Kodi repository via pull request 2213.  It contains this latest bug fix.

Jeff
(2022-02-09, 12:40)jbinkley60 Wrote: I've submitted version 1.0.4 to the Kodi repository via pull request 2213.  It contains this latest bug fix.

Jeff

Version 1.0.4 has been posted to the Kodi repository.

Jeff
I'm on an Amazon Firestick with latest Kodi (19.4 at a guess).

I've installed this plugin and set it to 2 hours.

I'm playing a playlist containing many videos of 10-30 minutes in length.

I expect that after 2 hours it should shut off but nothing happened and it simply kept playing.

Am i misunderstanding the purpose of this add-on, or is it simply not working?

If the former, I wonder if the documentation needs clarity. If the latter, what can I do to help diagnose the issue?
PVR playback is not properly identified when switching channels without stopping the currrent one.  I don't get the logic. Shouldn't it count each stream as a different media? Now I just get sudden stops.
(2022-03-16, 23:43)unclespode Wrote: I'm on an Amazon Firestick with latest Kodi (19.4 at a guess).

I've installed this plugin and set it to 2 hours.

I'm playing a playlist containing many videos of 10-30 minutes in length.

I expect that after 2 hours it should shut off but nothing happened and it simply kept playing.

Am i misunderstanding the purpose of this add-on, or is it simply not working?

If the former, I wonder if the documentation needs clarity. If the latter, what can I do to help diagnose the issue?

With the current version this is expected behavior because when playback ends for a video the addon resets the stop timer because the addon doesn't know you are going to play something else and thus it would never try to stop something which isn't playing.  The counter restarts when the next file plays but never gets to 2 hours because each file is shorter than 2 hours and continues to reset the stop play counter.

If you want to prove this for me, set the stop timer short to say 10 minutes and play a single video which is longer.  You should then get the popup stating it will be stopping as you get near the stop timer value you set (I.e. 10 minutes).  This will prove that it is working.  I'll need to do some digging to see if Kodi will indicate it is playing a playlist vs. a single video file.  If not, I could add a setting for playlists which would continue the counter even when a file was stopped and another one restarted. 

Please let me know if the test works and your thoughts on a playlist type setting.

Jeff

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Support thread for Autostop addon0