What do I need now that Plex is broken
Ive been using Kodi for years in my home theatre, installed on a HTPC without any problems. The movies are stored on a server and that is connected via ethernet to the HTPC.

Ive recently moved house and the HTPC and all my gear is in storage.

Until recently Ive been using the PLEX app on samsung TV to watch movies from my server wirelessly.

Now that PLEX dosnt support my TV I need to find another way to watch my movies on my TV.

is there a way to get KODI to stream movies to my TV wirelessly from my server? Via a KODI box, firestick, appleTV or anything else?

Im not familiar with any of these devices.

Thanks.
I'm a little unsure why Plex isn't working, could it be that you used a smart TV with Plex app installed on it and now you no longer use this TV? The cheapest connection to your NAS if it's located on your lan would be a Amazon Firestick with Kodi as the side app (Plex also would be available through most of these devices) I see no issue with either but your needs might involve more premium services on a more capable platform. May I direct you to our hardware section which goes into detail of the hardware choices.
(2021-11-13, 18:15)PatK Wrote: I'm a little unsure why Plex isn't working, could it be that you used a smart TV with Plex app installed on it and now you no longer use this TV? The cheapest connection to your NAS if it's located on your lan would be a Amazon Firestick with Kodi as the side app (Plex also would be available through most of these devices) I see no issue with either but your needs might involve more premium services on a more capable platform. May I direct you to our hardware section which goes into detail of the hardware choices.

Thanks for your response.
The latest Plex updated changed something to do with the security certificate and TVs running on the Tizen OS are no longer supported. I do hope they fix it because it a great solution.

I dont understand what you mean when you say "premium service" but all I want to do is connect my NAS to my TV so I can view my library and watch movies, just like KODI does but I just didnt want to connect a laptop or HTPC to the TV, I dont do anything else with KODI but what media on my NAS, I dont stream live TV, music or movies. I dont even have Netflix.

I dont expect it to be a complex solution but I just didnt know where to start or what to ask.

Thanks for your help.
(2021-11-14, 00:11)kassysimon Wrote: Tizen OS are no longer supported. I do hope they fix it because it a great solution.
Plex support would be the logical target of your interest.
(2021-11-14, 00:11)kassysimon Wrote: connect my NAS to my TV so I can view my library and watch movies
Sounds simple enough, but how the world has become so complicated. Doubt those little sticks can handle higher bandwidth 4K UHD H265 codecs, but it's an excellent choice to just plug into your TV usb/hdmi port (all hidden in the back of your set) and network to a nas, and in that regard as for a premium experience, you would link into the hardware forum for more targeted information.
(2021-11-14, 20:09)PatK Wrote:
(2021-11-14, 00:11)kassysimon Wrote: Tizen OS are no longer supported. I do hope they fix it because it a great solution.
Plex support would be the logical target of your interest.
(2021-11-14, 00:11)kassysimon Wrote: connect my NAS to my TV so I can view my library and watch movies
Sounds simple enough, but how the world has become so complicated. Doubt those little sticks can handle higher bandwidth 4K UHD H265 codecs, but it's an excellent choice to just plug into your TV usb/hdmi port (all hidden in the back of your set) and network to a nas, and in that regard as for a premium experience, you would link into the hardware forum for more targeted information.
Thank you
Get an apple tv. Last generation atv 4k are super cheap and will play everything within plex. And yes, you should head over to the plex forums, but yeah just get an atv 4k last gen🙂
you could look at Jellyfin  https://jellyfin.org/
https://www.reddit.com/r/jellyfin/commen...with_kodi/
I thought the issue was that the cert issue meant that these TVs would only support Plex over insecure connections, not that Plex was broken completely.

Important information about Plex for smart TVs after September 30, 2021 - Announcements - Plex Forum
|Kodi: Nvidia Shield 2019|Media Server: Unraid 40TB|TV Tuner: HDHR Prime|Server Apps: TVHeadend w/ Cablecard (FIOS), Plex (Kodi backend), Radarr, Sonarr
If you already are using Kodi then the logical answer would to check out the official Plex addon (there are also some unofficial ones if you look around). It’s very good.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What do I need now that Plex is broken0