Joystick can't be uninstalled
I thought I had this problem solved but it is still there.
I tried to disable the Joystick and it always enables.
I turned off the updates and it still enables.  If it enables, kodi won't run.
I always have to go to the the cache and delete it.
My question is can the Joystick addon be uninstalled?  My uninstall is greyed out.
Or is there a way to permanently disable the joystick support?
I am using a firetv stick.

Kodi 19.3 fails to start/crash:  
  1 Settings/System/addons don't allow updates
  2 System>Input>Don't allow game controller  
  3 Addons>MyAddons>Periferal>joystick disable it
(2021-11-13, 16:23)sojourner Wrote: I thought I had this problem solved but it is still there.
My question is can the Joystick addon be uninstalled?  My uninstall is greyed out.

4 ESbrower android>org.xbmc.kodi>files>.kodi>addons>patches  rename the zip files and gameController addons
I added step 4 above  and see if that will stop it.
(2021-11-13, 16:23)sojourner Wrote: I thought I had this problem solved but it is still there.

I'll bite. Why wouldn't kodi run if this is enabled? Something else is wrong with your setup if thats the case. I use android without issues with controllers or joysticks.
If you want to disable joystick/controllers, just go to settings>input>and disable the setting for 'enable controller support', that will turn off controllers.
(2021-11-14, 06:24)zachmorris Wrote:

I'll bite. Why wouldn't kodi run if this is enabled? Something else is wrong with your setup if thats the case. I use android without issues with controllers or joysticks.
If you want to disable joystick/controllers, just go to settings>input>and disable the setting for 'enable controller support', that will turn off controllers.
I did that and later on kodi would not run.  I delete the cache and run kodi and look at the joystick and it would be enabled.
I don't know why the joystick is a problem with the firestick.  It happens on three firesticks.  I reinstalled kodi several times. There is nothing else it could be.
I do know that it is something in the cache because it runs after clearing it.  It's something the joystick does in side of the cache.  Strange
I just now renamed all the zip packages as step 4 and waiting to see if that stops or kills the joystick.

For sure, the joystick is causing a problem in the cache on firesticks and it does not cause problems in other devices.  So, this looks like a kodi firestick problem only.
(2021-11-14, 17:06)sojourner Wrote:
(2021-11-14, 06:24)zachmorris Wrote:

I did that and later on kodi would not run.  I delete the cache and run kodi and look at the joystick and it would be enabled.
I don't know why the joystick is a problem with the firestick.  It happens on three firesticks.  I reinstalled kodi several times. There is nothing else it could be.
I do know that it is something in the cache because it runs after clearing it.  It's something the joystick does in side of the cache.  Strange
I just now renamed all the zip packages as step 4 and waiting to see if that stops or kills the joystick.

For sure, the joystick is causing a problem in the cache on firesticks and it does not cause problems in other devices.  So, this looks like a kodi firestick problem only.

Can the joystick be uninstalled?  My uninstall is greyed out.  I would think it to be easier to uninstall it if I could.
Is your joystick uninstall greyed out?
(2021-11-14, 18:06)sojourner Wrote:
(2021-11-14, 17:06)sojourner Wrote:
(2021-11-14, 06:24)zachmorris Wrote: I'll bite. Why wouldn't kodi run if this is enabled? Something else is wrong with your setup if thats the case. I use android without issues with controllers or joysticks.

Can the joystick be uninstalled?  My uninstall is greyed out.  I would think it to be easier to uninstall it if I could.
Is your joystick uninstall greyed out?

It's not supposed to be uninstalled as it's an included dependancy. You'd need to provide a debug log to determine what the real problem is.
  3 Addons>MyAddons>Peripheral>joystick disable it
  4 Rename all the zip packages

These steps disabled the joystick permanently.
The joystick can't be uninstalled but can be disabled.
If one of the zip files is found, something gets updated and enables the joystick.
Now kodi opens every time in the android firestick.
No, these steps did not solve the kodi fail to start problem.
The problem is in the FireTV stick with os6.
The new FireTV stick has os7 and there is no problem.
What is causing it doesn't matter now since we can just upgrade to the new FireTV.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Joystick can't be uninstalled0