Req Option to refresh file information data
Most annoying thing in Kodi is lack of option (or maybe i just can't see it Smile)  to refresh file data.

The annoying time coming when i get file with better quality or replace WEB rip with Bluray. Only option then is remove movie from library and add again. Then i;ll lost all tags (new movie, new id). So i need add tags again and i can't just replace file with new (again file info data will not update) i need delete old file and copy with new name to force kodi to get new file meta data.

Option to refresh metadata will be great.

I meant metadata from file (resolution, subtitles language, audio format etc) not data about movie (description, genre, year, title etc)
(2021-11-13, 19:38)rafyitafyu Wrote: Option to refresh metadata will be great.

You can refresh a movie, but currently, an existing watched or resume status will be lost. A refresh does mean all relevant data: technical as well as metadata.
(2021-11-13, 20:07)Klojum Wrote:
(2021-11-13, 19:38)rafyitafyu Wrote: Option to refresh metadata will be great.

You can refresh a movie, but currently, an existing watched or resume status will be lost. A refresh does mean all relevant data: technical as well as metadata.

Thank you for reply

refresh movie - updating all data by insert as new. So new id and all tags lost (or i need manually change id in database)
basically: it same as delete and add again mentioned in my post - only difference its just easier to do that by one click

"Option to refresh metadata will be great" should just update file info data, if movie id will not change probably watched and resume status will stay untaught as tags.
(watched, resume status, tags are linked to movie ID if ID will change all these things will be lost)

So it would be great to have option to refresh data without change movie ID and additionally option to do that on all movies/tvs not just one at time.
Your easiest workaround is to ensure you export your library to Separate Files. This will save all your tags, playcounts and any other changes you make.
When you swap in a new video file, open the nfo file and delete the <fileinfo></fileinfo> tags and everything between them.
Refresh using the nfo file.
Because the fileinfo is missing, Kodi is forced to re-read the file metadata, but still use everything else in the nfo file.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Option to refresh file information data0