General debug/trace function that can write to screen?
Anyone know if there is a general debug/trace class or function that is able to write directly to screen (preferably to any position)?

I've browsed and searched through a large part of the code and the closest I found is DebugRenderer.cpp which is tightly coupled to RenderManager.cpp. I've tweaked DebugRenderer for my own purposes but it would be nice to have a more general solution.
There is not. IDEs and log files are what you can use.
Ok, then I'll stick to my tweaked DebugRenderer.cpp for the moment. Fyi, my current tweak is just a quick n' dirty implementation of RenderManager::ToggleDebug converted to make use my own DebugRenderer:: PrintDebug. Creating a TraceDebug class is now on my to-do list should I ever feel inspired some sunny day.

I wish xcode/lldb had the ability to watch "live" variables (ie without condition) like for instance Borland C++Builder could...
For those who are interested in my "Quick 'n dirty debug/trace to screen" (CDebugRenderer:: PrintScreen), I've pushed a commit a67f1d3  to my github master  https://github.com/Boilerplate4u/xbmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
General debug/trace function that can write to screen?0