items not working in 19.3
hello all

As technologies and integration move forward, a tug of war start to build between old services and new requirements.

no doubt that 19 is an improvement over 18, however IMHO a new version should ALWAYS be an improvement over the previous. Adding/developing these improvements should come at the expense (or should not lose track) of older and existing functionality. 

I can understand the certain function are new/better 

however many of the tools i use regularly use are no longer working

example:

context append music to add to playlist (with the possibility to add a new playlist). This addon was developed by an individual and not by KODI. Since this addon has been around for many years I would have hopped that this functionality would have been added to kodi . I am positive that many kodi user such as myself need this functionality. 

music addon Radio  this comes from the kodi repository

why is it not working
Best regards to all
BikerDude
HTPC with 16gb ram M-Audio LT1010 sound card feeding McIntosh 7205 power amp Magneplanar 2.7r and Velodyne dd12. All connected to Sony smart tv.
All media on 2 fully redundant TrueNas VMs installed on Proxmox servers. Running Kodi. Everything works brilliantly until i screw it up
(2021-11-17, 01:00)BikerDude Wrote: context append music to add to playlist (with the possibility to add a new playlist). This addon was developed by an individual and not by KODI. Since this addon has been around for many years I would have hopped that this functionality would have been added to kodi . I am positive that many kodi user such as myself need this functionality. 

If you have "queue songs on selection" enabled in the music player settings, Kodi will add each song you select to the currently playing playlist.  If there isn't a currently playing playlist, Kodi will create a new one and add to that.  Playlists can be edited, added to and deleted from whilst Kodi is playing.  Not convinced that any more functionality than that is required, especially as this can also be done via remote apps such as Kore and also via the web interface.

(2021-11-17, 01:00)BikerDude Wrote: music addon Radio  this comes from the kodi repository
why is it not working

Are you sure the addon has been updated to the current version?  I use that addon every single day and it is working for me in both v19 & v20.   If you are sure everything is updated correctly and you still cannot get it to work, you should post details of your issue in the relevant support thread which you can find here.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2021-11-17, 09:34)black_eagle Wrote:
(2021-11-17, 01:00)BikerDude Wrote: context append music to add to playlist (with the possibility to add a new playlist). This addon was developed by an individual and not by KODI. Since this addon has been around for many years I would have hopped that this functionality would have been added to kodi . I am positive that Yes many kodi user such as myself need this functionality. 

If you have "queue songs on selection" enabled in the music player settings, Kodi will add each song you select to the currently playing playlist.  If there isn't a currently playing playlist, Kodi will create a new one and add to that.  Playlists can be edited, added to and deleted from whilst Kodi is playing.  Not convinced that any more functionality than that is required, especially as this can also be done via remote apps such as Kore and also via the web interface.

(2021-11-17, 01:00)BikerDude Wrote: music addon Radio  this comes from the kodi repository
why is it not working

Are you sure the addon has been updated to the current version?  I use that addon every single day and it is working for me in both v19 & v20.   If you are sure everything is updated correctly and you still cannot get it to work, you should post details of your issue in the relevant support thread which you can find here.
Hello Thank you for your quick reply

Yes i'm aware of this functionality. The functionality is useful when one builds a new playlist, or modifies an existing one. What i am talking about is when one listens to an album and decides to add am song to a specific playlist this will not work. 

the addon i mentioned did allow this to happen.

thank you  i will post it there

yes the addon is updated. I came to the same suspicion so i manually updated it
Best regards to all
BikerDude
HTPC with 16gb ram M-Audio LT1010 sound card feeding McIntosh 7205 power amp Magneplanar 2.7r and Velodyne dd12. All connected to Sony smart tv.
All media on 2 fully redundant TrueNas VMs installed on Proxmox servers. Running Kodi. Everything works brilliantly until i screw it up
Can you detail what issues you have with radio add-on?
Hello

after installing it and adding my stations , when i click on any station i get a network error
again thank you for helping
Best regards to all
BikerDude
Hello again

just to expand

My kodi youtube addon works fine i can access the videos with no Issues

once again thank you
Best regards to all
BikerDude
Did you raise this in the addon support thread? It's here.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
items not working in 19.30