19.3 freezes randomly.
(2021-11-25, 02:00)PatK Wrote:
(2021-11-24, 22:55)oatmeal769 Wrote: Did the other things on the list.
AdjustWindow: resizing due to size change (0,0,3840,2160 fullscreen)->(3840,0,7680,2160 fullscreen) let's relax with a desktop of 1920x1080x60 for the purpose of a test and see if Kodi plays nice.

(2021-11-24, 22:55)oatmeal769 Wrote: Scanning a fresh library and it stalls... sounds like it's running into corrupt files or source failure.
I don't know what else to do other than what I've done to make Kodi use 1080p resolution.  It seems to switch to it on startup.  After I exit, Windows resizes the display to native.

Ok, I deleted that library.  This time it's ONE folder with ONE video only.
It froze on startup.  It froze when I went to 'Enter Files Section' to add a source.  Then again when I went to 'Browse' for a source, and again when it went to 'update the library.'
It plays the video just fine., but freezes again when I try to back out of the file menus to the main page and freezes some more when I go to close the program.

Here's the new log:

https://paste.kodi.tv/exihacodet.kodi
We are getting closer "Desktop Resolution: 3840x2160 32Bit at 60Hz" and "SetFullScreen: switching from (3840 x 2160) to (1920 x 1080)" and noting resizing due to size change (0,0,3840,2160 fullscreen)->(0,0,1920,1080 fullscreen)  then further into the log "resizing due to size change (0,0,1920,1080 fullscreen)->(0,0,3840,2160 fullscreen)" "WASAPI Initialized". So resolutions are flipping around. let's relax with a desktop of 1920x1080x60 for the purpose of a test and see if Kodi plays nice.

Total video memory available is "14131 MB (dedicated = 5991 MB, shared = 8140 MB)"which sounds suspiciously like shared memory (your set-up reports System has 16.0 GB of RAM installed), and not using your nice NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti adapter which has 6 gigs available. Windows may have installed it's own driver on an update, and pushed your gfx card driver out... re-install the Nvidia gfx driver. Let's see if that's the fix.
If I understand correctly, I'm to try setting my desktop screen to 1920x1080 via my Graphics card driver/control panel.  As well as setting/whitelisting Kodi to use that resolution. Then KODI doesn't have to mess with all that switching stuff... Okay, Trying it...

I have not yet Re-installed the Nvidia driver itself - BUT -

Setting the Nvidea control panel for 1920.1080x60 resolution SEEMS TO HAVE FIXED THE FREEZING ISSUE. - BUT - only temporarily.

However, it is not the 'native' setting for these PC monitors Everything else looks large and fuzzy when Kodi isn't running.  Setting the PC monitors for non-native resolution won't work as a solution.

So, then, I tried running it on my 4K TV without my PC monitors in use.  Kodi doesn't seem to like 1080P on the TV.  But when I set 'display' to use 'Generic PNP monitor' and set Kodi for my TV's native resolution (3840x2160) it seems to work (?)

However, Re-booting again and switching back to my PC monitors, and setting Kodi to use my AOC PC monitor at 1080P (after some freezing and Kodi restarts) the issue has returned, even having everything set at 1080p again.

So.  As you specified,  here's the newest log, booting my PC with just one (the other turned off) of my AOC PC monitors running at 1080P with Kodi also running at 1080P.

At least, I think, we're getting somewhere closer to narrowing down the possibilities to something to do with different monitors and resolutions and how Kodi interacts with them.
I sure appreciate the help!

https://paste.kodi.tv/oridejazob.kodi
PatK - Any ideas?
(2021-11-26, 19:16)oatmeal769 Wrote: have not yet Re-installed the Nvidia driver itself - BUT -
This is critical, your onboard onchip gfx may be infusing it's routines through a windows driver. Use a native screen size whatever fits on both machines at the same time (but only use one display, check the gfx engine isn't outputting to two) multi-tasking is not Kodi's big suit.
Unfortunately, that didn't do it either.  Complete uninstall reinstall of Nvidia driver.  This log is with one screen in use only, at native resolution (3840x2160).
Freeze when I went to the 'videos' tab, and again when I tried to access 'files.'

https://paste.kodi.tv/cuqaruyocu.kodi
The log shows no obvious error, "Freeze when I went to the 'videos' tab, and again when I tried to access 'files.'" considering you should only have 'one' video and 'one' local source indicated, would appear some o/s system file has let you down. The log appears relatively clean, given "HandleOutputChange: selected NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti adapter. " there is some gfx engine issue which I can't put my finger on.
Hmm.  Can you suggest where I might start looking next? 
I find it hard to believe it's not Kodi. My system and all software work fine otherwise, and it isn't like I have an underperforming or odd setup.  It's only Kodi that can't seem to work. 
If we know it isn't my network/NAS, then the only other thing that changed from when it was (sort of) trouble-free might have been when I upgraded Kodi to the current version?  Maybe go back to an older version?
(2021-12-02, 14:01)oatmeal769 Wrote: I find it hard to believe it's not Kodi.
I find it hard to believe it is Kodi behind the issue, with millions of users and plenty using hardware similar to yours. Up to the point of  HandleOutputChange: according to Hooking into UserModeDriver on device elucidated in the Registry you are invoking CreateGUI - using the default windowing system. Then proceeds to tell you of audio formats not handled, while I know they are with that gfx card. Registry screw up is all I can think of atm. Perhaps someone else has a different view point, fresh eyes are needed.
Do you know of anyone here you might ask to take another look?  
Otherwise, I'm afraid this thread will die without any answers.
This thread ravels into a twisted tale, not sure many developers would bother to engage, and your reliance on external players doesn't give a lot of confidence to this case. Looking back at the history of these posts, suggests some sort of external issue outside the realm of normal Kodi operation, for a plain portable mode installation to fail. Closer examination of hardware, software and user interaction would be my prescription, perhaps a re-installation of the operating system, then portable mode in it's default plain set-up.
Two new ideas:
I'm going to try completely uninstalling the Nvidia driver and make sure it's gone with a third-party cleaner.  Then I'll run Kodi and see if it stalls...
Secondly:
Can you see if there is any issue in searching my Blue-Ray drive?  Wondering if there's a hang-up when I click 'Video' and Kodi tries to scan that and see if it's working and then look for content on a disc in the drive?
New progress.  I think I've isolated the issue to my network connection.

I did as I said I would in my last post.  I completely uninstalled and reinstalled both KODI (local, not portable) and my video drivers (as before)  However, I left my network cable unplugged (and no WiFi) to be sure Windows didn't try to update anything with my drivers.
Kodi starts instantly, is all-around more responsive, and has zero hangups.  I used it on my HDTV and it seems to work just fine.  I captured a log of Kodi working perfectly HERE:

https://paste.kodi.tv/doxagohoni.kodi

Then I re-installed my network cable.  Without even adding content, we're back to hesitation and freezing HERE:

https://paste.kodi.tv/qoxekukexi.kodi

I do not think it's my video driver, system settings, or my NAS.  It has something to do with when my PC is connected to my network, and it happens reliably.  - No network, no problem.  With network connection  = problem.

This is another log after adding my 4K library, with multiple freezes and slowness. HERE:

https://paste.kodi.tv/licutuneze.kodi

Can you look at the logs and see if you can find what about my network is causing the issue?
Thanks again!
With regard to my last post, I looked at the second log I posted.

I keep seeing that it gets a 'Hello' from my NAS (192.168.1.103)

And I noticed this:

2021-12-07 09:04:32.109 T:15860 DEBUG <general>: [WS-Discovery]: HELLO packet received: device type = 'Computer', device address = '192.168.1.103:3702' 2021-12-07 09:04:32.545 T:6828 DEBUG <general>: CIRServerSuite::Connect: connecting to: 127.0.0.1:24000 ... 2021-12-07 09:04:33.004 T:9052 DEBUG <general>: CInputManager:TonguerocessMouse: trying mouse action leftclick 2021-12-07 09:04:33.915 T:15860 DEBUG <general>: [WS-Discovery]: HELLO packet received: device type = 'Computer', device address = '192.168.1.103:3702' 2021-12-07 09:04:34.597 T:6828 DEBUG <general>: CIRServerSuite::Connect: failed to connect 2021-12-07 09:04:34.598 T:6828 INFO <general>: CIRServerSuite:Tonguerocess: failed to connect to irss, will keep retrying every 5 seconds

Any ideas?
This is a networking handshake failure. For a plain portable mode installation to fail "considering you should only have 'one' video and 'one' local source indicated, would appear some o/s system file has let you down." it would not be in the NAS; the log supplied at that point didn't have indications of networking or a NAS source.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
19.3 freezes randomly.0