19.3 freezes randomly.
(2021-12-07, 20:12)PatK Wrote: This is a networking handshake failure.

No, it's just Kodi reporting that it cannot connect to the Infra Red Service Suite (IRSS) which is a tool from media-portal to enable you to do fancy stuff with IR remotes in Windows.  See https://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensi...suite-irss

@oatmeal769  - It is not helpful to post log snippets as usually they are missing important context.  Please follow @PatK 's advice, as he is best placed to help you get to the bottom of your issue.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Infra Red Service Suite (IRSS) can be disabled with:

xml:
<advancedsettings version="1.0">
  <scanirserver>false</scanirserver>
</advancedsettings>

There is no reason why it should be continually trying to connect if it is not used... There are some cases in the forum that seem to indicate that it may cause problems on some systems under certain conditions.
(2021-12-07, 21:13)jogal Wrote: Infra Red Service Suite (IRSS) can be disabled with:

xml:
<advancedsettings version="1.0">
  <scanirserver>false</scanirserver>
</advancedsettings>

There is no reason why it should be continually trying to connect if it is not used... There are some cases in the forum that seem to indicate that it may cause problems on some systems under certain conditions.
Worth a shot, where would I find this code?  Do I create aplayercorefactory.xml to make this happen?

Other than that, I'm going to look into my router settings and my PC's connection to it when I have some more time.
OMG, I think I *might* have found it.

I have two NAS drives.  Both are connected in Windows, and listed in "My PC"
The first is my new, primary movie archive.  The old is my previous archive, now used as a backup.  

I disconnected the path to the old NAS in "My PC."  Presto. 
KODI starts INSTANTLY.  it is as quick and responsive as ever.  An exhaustive "Try to get it to fail" didn't make it freeze.  I added another folder from my new NAS to the Library.  No problems.
Fingers crossed.  I wonder what would have made it hang up like that when looking on my network...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
19.3 freezes randomly.0