Kodi 19.3 (Matrix): CTD on Library Update - TheTVDB (new) Scraper
@Karellen ,

Well it looks like we have a winner - at least so far as CTDs are concerned. I've not yet gone through and checked that all the TV shows have been correctly scraped (I do have some shows that have had reboot versions), it scanned all three TV show sources and all three movie sources without crashing to desktop, which is progress.

A lot of 'Invalid Handle' warnings in the logs (Mainly referencing 'invalid handle 5' - while scraping) but there are others further down the logs with other numbers.

I also went through and got rid of a lot of orphaned dependancies while it was scanning, so we'll see how it goes from here. This test was performed using local SQLite Dbs, I plan to have another go using MySQL / MariaDB databases at some point, as I have had flawless scrapes on SQLite recently and then have it go all to hell when attempting the same over MySQL / MariaDB, so that will be the acid test.

But at this early stage, it's looking good with regards the v4 TVDB scrapers. Thanks for the recommendation. Any further 'issues' and i'll post them here.

Smile

Dan / Gib.
@Karellen ,

While doing some residual testing with the new 'v4' TVDB scrapers have noticed a few oddities I want to point out here;

It's always been the case (for me) that placing 'year' tags  - e.g: 'Showname (year)' on TV show folders was only really required in cases where there were several versions / reboots of the show, and the one you possessed / were trying to scrape was the latter of the two, or in cases where you had two unrelated shows that bore the same name, but were released in different years. For the earlier one of the two, a year appended to the show folder wasn't required / needed. It would now seem to be the case with the new API, that the opposite is true. Therefore going forwards, and much in line with accepted practice for movies, users following this thread (or, like me, also trying out the new beta v4 scrapers) might want to adopt a policy of adding the year the show premiered to the root show folder, as a measure of insurance against incorrect matches.

I've also had one case where the regex-matching, assuming that's what they're using, matches things based on only part of the supplied string. For example, I have a show called 'The Bill' - cop drama premiered in 1984, and ran for 26 seasons (I have only the first 10 seasons), but was matched by the v4 scraper to 'The Bill Cosby Show' - which premiered in 1969 according to what I'm seeing. So it also seems to bias itself more towards US releases than UK / European ones. I guess this is fine if you happen to reside in the US, not so much if that's not the case.

Finally, anything that has dual-release status. Say it was released in English, with an English title, but debuted / was released in a non-English country, and this is especially the case for Anime releases, in the library update progress - dialog box, during scraping, the foriegn show title & details are displayed, but the entry that ends up scraped in the library when you drill down to the show itself, is the English release. Not a big issue assuming it contiinues to do that, but might cause panic and/or confusion for some. This isn't just limited to Anime titles, but other forgien releases, like 'Dogtanian and the Three Muskehounds' and 'The Adventures of Tintin' being two such (non-Anime) shows I've also experienced this weird oddity with.

No CTDs so far I can directly attribute to this scraper though. Will keep testing.

Smile

Dan / Gib.
@Karellen ,

Latest log (TheTVDB v4 Beta - Movie Scraper - v.1.0.6) with a popup error notification at the end of the Movie Library update scan (prior to Db clean):

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am5WO9nIAax8gcVsM-eYqr3AgpNzzQ

Log is truncated since the system is currently in use. But should contain enough info for TVDB guys.

Wrong scraper. needed the separate 1.0.4 scraper for movies (doh!). Will try again, sorry for the confusion.

Dan / Gib.

EDIT: TheTVDB (movie) v4 scraper fixed the error popup I was getting with v.1.0.3, but much like what I am witnessing with foriegn TV shows, the title it showed in the scan progress dialog bore absolutely no relation to anything I have in my movie library (something form 2014 - I forget the title, it was gone too quickly). but looking via 'videos -> files' cannot find anything either unscraped or with incorrect matches/titles. Will have to repeat this scan on a different system, so will monitor it when I do that scan.
@Roman_V_M  fyi^^

Thanks again @gibxxi, I'll check it out.

Please don't run the Music Library update at the same time as the Video Library Update. It confuses the log, making it harder for us to read, and pretty much doubles the size of the log.

You are on an old version of the scraper.

Latest version for movies... https://github.com/thetvdb/metadata.movi...n/releases
Latest version for tv shows... https://github.com/thetvdb/metadata.tvsh...n/releases

I don't always know when versions are being updated because there is ongoing work in the background, but when I notice, I'll post here, but it is worth checking the two pages above before doing any major work on your system.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Found the issue. TheTVDB Movie Scraper (v4) - v.1.0.4 is incorrectly matching 'Taken 3 (2014)' with 'Ron and Laura Take Back America (2014)' because the submission of 'Taken 3' they have in their database is incorrectly listed as (2013). According to IMDB 2014 is the correct year/date.

Not checked their website. Simply doing a manual search (minus year) brings up the correct title, but with the wrong year (2013).

Dan / Gib.

EDIT: FAO: TheTVDB guys (If they're reading this): As an end-user, I'd prefer a scenario whereby if you can't reliably regex match a local title with something applicable in your database, that you match nothing at all, rather than just pick the first item in the list of results you do have. It's easier to find items that have no matches in Kodi's 'videos -> files' file list, than it it is to find things that are matched to something that has absolutely no relation, but shares the same release year.

EDIT2: Actually, regarding Taken 3, looking past the title page on IMDB, where the 'release' date is immediately after the title, to actual release dates (country-specific) we're both wrong. It was released / premiered in late 2014 in Berlin, but it's US release wasn't until Jan 2015, so pick your poison, lol. Either way, it definitely wasn't released in 2013, that's for sure.
(2021-12-02, 00:07)Karellen Wrote: @Roman_V_M  fyi^^

Thanks again @gibxxi, I'll check it out.

Please don't run the Music Library update at the same time as the Video Library Update. It confuses the log, making it harder for us to read, and pretty much doubles the size of the log.

You are on an old version of the scraper.

Latest version for movies... https://github.com/thetvdb/metadata.movi...n/releases
Latest version for tv shows... https://github.com/thetvdb/metadata.tvsh...n/releases

I don't always know when versions are being updated because there is ongoing work in the background, but when I notice, I'll post here, but it is worth checking the two pages above before doing any major work on your system.

I'm not running a music library scan. I added one source, but I have to do that to get rid of that irritating 'preparing' infodialog that is persistent when the Music Library is empty (and only affects that library - not videos). I'll turn off music library scanning from the 'System' menu if that will help.

Thanks for the links, I downloaded/applied the wrong scraper, i've now applied the right one (hence my edit of the op).

Wink

Dan / Gib.
I'm afraid the described issues are either the limitations/features of the new TVDB API or results of incorrect info on TVDB. I'm only a scraper developer and have no idea how their backend works. But I'll pass the info to the TVDB guys.
Although the title of search results can be fixed.
Thanks for your efforts and the heads-up @Roman_V_M . Been off grid today somewhat, hence the delay in replying.

Smile

Dan / Gib.
New scraper versions released
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-12-02, 23:54)Karellen Wrote: New scraper versions released

Thanks. Downloaded & installed.

Smile

Dan / Gib

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 19.3 (Matrix): CTD on Library Update - TheTVDB (new) Scraper0