XBMC and TheTVDB.com scraping of "Doctor Who" TV programmes
(2014-11-17, 18:50)guitarwizard93 Wrote: Can anyone help me here? I don't see an actual solution in this thread that is of any use to someone new to XBMC like myself...

1. Where do I get the .nfo file?
2. Where do I put it?

Hopefully someone might see this...

In general it's really not a good idea to post to these old threads. Better to start your own.

For the NFO file, you'll need to create it. It's just a text file encoded in utf-8. You name the file "tvshow.nfo"(no quotes). Place the file at the root level of the show folder. Contents of the file will be the TVDB url for whatever show it references. Example-
Code:
http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=78804
This is the url for Doctor Who (2005).

After you have added the tvshow.nfo file to the appropriate folder you must refresh the listing if it's already added to your library. You will get a popup telling you that local information has been found and asking if you would like to ignore that information. Make sure you answer NO. If this show hasn't been added to your library yet then you won't see this popup when it's added. The TVDB scraper will just use the NFO file.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Hi all,
I too am a first time user of xmbc, and I have this problem with doctor who as well.

I have tried the nfo file solution post so kindly by wgstarks, but with no success.
Could any one lens a helping hand here?
What happened when you used the nfo file?
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Hi. After creating the file I cleaned the library, and did a rescan and refreshed the entries but it's still showing the original 1960's series.
I rebooted the pi but again it just shows the 60's version.
It's "Doctor Who (2005)". You don't need any nfo. Just correctly name the folder
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thankyou Martin,
The folder is named Doctor Who (2005) and I have just double checked it. And I have the nfo file in there too.
Still comes up with the original 60's series
(2015-12-02, 23:33)prastaples Wrote: Thankyou Martin,
The folder is named Doctor Who (2005) and I have just double checked it. And I have the nfo file in there too.
Still comes up with the original 60's series

I did not have this problem myself because I only have classic episodes in my library but I do remember it from several years ago when I setup a friends library who did have new episodes. It is too long ago for me to remember how I resolved it (which I did) but I can make a guess and suggest a tip.

It is not I believe compulsory to use this structure but it is the structure I have used and I suspect other have as well.

Doctor Who (2005)
----Season 1
--------Rose - S01E01.mkv
--------The End of the World - S01E02.mkv
----Season 2
--------New Earth - S01E01.mkv

That is you have a top folder for the Show, with sub-folders for each Series (Season), and each Season folder containing episodes for that season. With this structure you might have to put .nfo file in the top show folder, or more likely individual .nfo files in each season folder.
Quote:I did not have this problem myself because I only have classic episodes in my library but I do remember it from several years ago when I setup a friends library who did have new episodes. It is too long ago for me to remember how I resolved it (which I did) but I can make a guess and suggest a tip.

It is not I believe compulsory to use this structure but it is the structure I have used and I suspect other have as well.

Doctor Who (2005)
----Season 1
--------Rose - S01E01.mkv
--------The End of the World - S01E02.mkv
----Season 2
--------New Earth - S01E01.mkv

This worked perfectly.

now how to solve the christmas special problem - anyone?
Just look at the thetvdb.com page for Dr Who (2005), find the relevant episode and click on it to get its episode number. Depending on what Christmas special you're meaning, it will be S00Exx where xx is that number (as the specials are not part of the series but are S00).

For example The Christmas Invasion from 2005 is S00E02 and The Runaway Bride from 2006 is S00E04.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC and TheTVDB.com scraping of "Doctor Who" TV programmes0