No Poster following Update to 1.9
Hi everibody,

I've just installed the update 1.9 on my kodi 1.8.

After that lot of poster, fanart,.. didn't show anymore on movie and tvshow on the 1.9.

They where still visible on 1.8 on an others installation as I use to put all thumbs on a NAS (for use Kodi on multiple devices).

When I try to change poster I see a lot of empty proposal.
I can refresh the movie and then i've got well back all picture. But it will take me a lot of time.

Is there a way to get back all the picture working again? Or get a way to refresh only the picture for all movies?

I've read some information that in fact Thumbs where not really download on the Thumbs folder but are sort of miniature with link to website from where come the pictures. And the loose of picture come from upadte on TMDB website's picture.
Is this true ? If yes is there a way the force download Picture (In way to avoid same error with next migration on 2.0 :p).

Regards.
@Endamir

How did you initially add the movies and tv shows to your library? Did you use the kodi scrapers or nfo files?
Are you using the default SQL library, or did you add MySQL/MariaDB database?

(2021-11-23, 18:19)Endamir Wrote: After that lot of poster, fanart,.. didn't show anymore on movie and tvshow on the 1.9.
I have seen that reported a couple of times before, but it seems to be rare, judging by the amount of members that have reported it.

(2021-11-23, 18:19)Endamir Wrote: When I try to change poster I see a lot of empty proposal.
Last year and early this year, TheMovieDB undertook a mass purge of artwork from their site. I have seen mention at TMDB that they deleted tens of thousands of images.
Your above statement makes me believe this is what you are experiencing. Kodi has the links to artwork, but they have been deleted from TMDB, so there is nothing to display.

(2021-11-23, 18:19)Endamir Wrote: Is there a way to get back all the picture working again? Or get a way to refresh only the picture for all movies?
You will have to Refresh your affected movies. If there is a lot, it is best to wipe your library and rescrape.

(2021-11-23, 18:19)Endamir Wrote: I've read some information that in fact Thumbs where not really download on the Thumbs folder but are sort of miniature with link to website from where come the pictures.
Not quite correct. If you scraped your library using the Kodi scrapers, then Kodi will download a list of artwork links and save them. That is what you see in the "Choose Art" screen.
But it also downloads and saves in the thumbnails cache one image for each type of artwork and this is used to display in the library.
So you have the image saved in the cache, which makes it difficult to understand why it does not display.

(2021-11-23, 18:19)Endamir Wrote: s there a way the force download Picture (In way to avoid same error with next migration on 2.0 :p).
Yes, we always recommend that you download the original artwork. This prevents the problems you are experiencing now.
Use Artwork Dump and adjust the settings so it downloads artwork after each scrape. Install it via zip file... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=360078
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hi @Karellen,

Thanks for your reply.
(2021-11-23, 20:57)Karellen Wrote: How did you initially add the movies and tv shows to your library? Did you use the kodi scrapers or nfo files?
Are you using the default SQL library, or did you add MySQL/MariaDB database?
I Use kodi scrapers with TMDB and I have a MySQL database.
(2021-11-23, 20:57)Karellen Wrote: Last year and early this year, TheMovieDB undertook a mass purge of artwork from their site. I have seen mention at TMDB that they deleted tens of thousands of images.
Your above statement makes me believe this is what you are experiencing. Kodi has the links to artwork, but they have been deleted from TMDB, so there is nothing to display.

I read same so i Thinks it's that. But it affect Poster / fan-Art, miniature,... on my side.
(2021-11-23, 20:57)Karellen Wrote: You will have to Refresh your affected movies. If there is a lot, it is best to wipe your library and rescrape.
Yes there are lot, I've estimate above 20%. And has only picture were wrong i really prefe to avoid that.
(2021-11-23, 20:57)Karellen Wrote: Not quite correct. If you scraped your library using the Kodi scrapers, then Kodi will download a list of artwork links and save them. That is what you see in the "Choose Art" screen.
But it also downloads and saves in the thumbnails cache one image for each type of artwork and this is used to display in the library.
It's here that I didn't understabnd what happen. I use kodi internal scrapper, no NFO, but when i go to movies without picture and manually go to choose poster I got a lot of "Distant Picture" empty (so it's why I suspect the mass purge of artwork on TMDB to affect me).
(2021-11-23, 20:57)Karellen Wrote: Yes, we always recommend that you download the original artwork. This prevents the problems you are experiencing now.Use Artwork Dump and adjust the settings so it downloads artwork after each scrape. Install it via zip file... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=360078
I will instal it. I've already take some information above it before posting here.

I've just got some incomphrension of why thumbnails didn't download on my side, and how can I just make a refresh only on picture part (All other information where correct).

Regards.
@Endamir

You can't refresh pictures only because there is no dedicated artwork only scraper. We just have a scraper that does both data and artwork.

Maybe @Klojum might know why you lose artwork on a MySQL install when upgrading from v18 to v19
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-11-24, 09:55)Endamir Wrote: I've just got some incomphrension of why thumbnails didn't download on my side, and how can I just make a refresh only on picture part (All other information where correct).

99% of not downloading thumbs is because the thumbs are no longer available, or that the thumbs file server has a problem. Refreshing only artwork is not an option within Kodi, no matter what database is used.

After the big cleanup by TMDB resulting in non-working URLs as Karellen mentioned, I simply did a total refresh of my media collection, including dropping the databases. The downside is the loss of watched/resume statuses (altho I made a personal php tool for that), but you do get to clean out your thumbnail cache and start fresh. Anything that you have downloaded/stored locally as artwork (via Artwork Dump etc) you should first backup or keep safe otherwise. Better safe than sorry.
Hi thanks for reply,

I read well that TMDB make a clean up right.
But in my case all files were well download on my side normally so i didn''t understand why i'am affected!

Also for lot of movie without picture, it seem that i've got like 5 to 10 other poster who were well present :

So if I change the poster it's work (But have to be done also for Fan-art, and miniature,... :p)

For my information, when you re-actualise a movie, did it delete thumbnail linked to the movie or did it just create new link to new thumbs?

Regards.
(2021-11-25, 11:49)Endamir Wrote: For my information, when you re-actualise a movie, did it delete thumbnail linked to the movie or did it just create new link to new thumbs?
When you select Refresh, the existing entry is deleted and everything downloaded is new. Basically you are re-scraping the movie. It is the same as first deleting the movie from the library and scraping again.

I don't know why an upgrade from v18 to v19 would cause all the artwork to disappear. As far as I know, the database is upgraded and all the information and links should work. But it is too late for a Debug Log as the upgrade has already been performed.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Poster following Update to 1.90