No artist & title information on radio streams
As the thread title already says it seems like the information about artist & title of the currently played song is not (properly) being processed by the IPTV Simple Client. Depending on the station I can see partial information or sometimes other chunk that is in the stream but not everything and not correctly. This also results in the fact that the addon "Artist Slideshow" has nothing to work with and displays the fallback instead of proper artist fanart. However when I open the stream directly everythinig works as expected which suggests that it must be an issue with the IPTV client.

I could happily live with that by simply using my own .m3u playlist that contains my favourite radio stations but I can't figure out how to use that playlist as a widget and get the stationlogos to display in that widget instead of just the stationname...

So I'm hoping someone can shed some light on the issue how the data is handled.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
So here is the log:

Logfile

And two pictures for comparison, first one shows the music fullscreen while playing the stream via IPTV Simple:

https://imgbox.com/y5QKfBLu

The fanart background is from the fallback folder and in the lower left corner only the artist name is shown.

https://imgbox.com/ETdgafIg

In the second one I started the stream from the playlist directly and the fanart background is now one of the artist while in the lower left corner you can see both the artist's name and the song title.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No artist & title information on radio streams0