HDR problem with NUC based HTPC - the TV does not switch to HDR mode.
Hello everyone,

this is my first attempt to setup working HDR on Windows, I've read a lot about the requirements (hardware and software) it seemed like it should work (almost) out of the box, but I must be missing something. I hope someone will be able to steer me in the right direction.

My setup is:
- ZBOX CI622 with Intel Core i3-10110U running Windows 10
- LG OLED65C8PLA
- direct connection using high speed hdmi cable

Both the OS and UHD drivers are updated, I can turn the HDR mode in Windows manually, and if turned off, Kodi (using Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Windows API) will turn HDR on, if proper file is played. However, the TV does not switch to HDR mode, like it does when playing files directly from it or playing on the console. Colors are washed out, you could say "foggy". SGX is turned on in Zotac box bios, and the bios itself was recently updated.

Looking at the CPU specs, it should work, as its a 10th gen, and HDR is available from 7th gen of inter core processors (quoting from HDR_Intel_Graphics_TechWhitePaper). I've played with different intel UHD settings, no luck so far.

I've compared the behavior of ZBOX to my desktop PC, and the issue starts at the OS level itself. The OS does present the HDR toggle button in both cases. However, activating it on ZBOX does not switch the TV into HDR mode and the colors looks washed out. When HDR is activated on the PC, the TV does switch into HDR mode and the colors are as expected.

I'm starting to think I either have a faulty box or its a bios\driver problem. I've contacted Zotac's support to confirm if this model is actually capable of outputting HDR via HDMI and they did confirmed that. But, they also claimed that in order for HDR to work I need to, and I quote: "install k-lite codec with the Media player classic", so there's that.
(deleted)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDR problem with NUC based HTPC - the TV does not switch to HDR mode.0