Kodi audio guide for Fire TV Stick 4k Max? (for best audio on AV-receiver)
Hello!

Being new to Android devices running Kodi – I used RPi for a long time – I'm quite surprised about what Kodi (on the Fire TV Stick 4x Max) is doing/transcoding/? to provided audio streams from my MKVs…
I'd like to ask if there is any audio guide for (mostly) lossless audio output on my AV-receiver.
I'm currently using an AV-receiver which can decode up to 7.1ch (with DD+, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD), HDMI 1.3.
I have MKVs with flac7.1, flac5.1, dts-ma, dts, truehd, DD-5.1, AC3-5.1, AC3-2.0, opus-2.0, opus-5.1, … Smile
Any hints on how to preserve source-audio the best way? I don't desperately need to preserve the dynamic range compression (hints) of my AC3-streams.

Best regards...
Hi,
The fire tv sticks don't support pass through of lossless audio such as truehd. If you set audio output device : " AudioTrack(IEC), Kodi IEC packer (recommended) in the kodi audio settings with pass through you should get dolby, dts, dd+ (atmos) passed through to your avr. Set firestick audio to best match.
There is a way of getting truehd > pcm to avr details are in the 4k firestick thread.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi audio guide for Fire TV Stick 4k Max? (for best audio on AV-receiver)0