No File Manger in Kodi 19?
There's no file manager in the Kodi 19 Version. Or am I missing something? Hope this can be fixed soon. Overall Great work!
(2021-12-06, 14:51)MainStreet2018 Wrote: Hope this can be fixed soon.

There is nothing to fix. Rub the sleep out of your eyes and go to Settings / System / Top left icon ...
I think my statement may have been misinterpreted. I wasn't meaning there was a problem with Kodi. I can find the file manager just fine. But after installing the AppTv skin there is no listing for file manger under system or elsewhere. I was posting to let the skin developer know there's no file manger listed in the Kodi 19 version of the Apptv skin
(2021-12-06, 15:31)MainStreet2018 Wrote: I think my statement may have been misinterpreted. I wasn't meaning there was a problem with Kodi. I can find the file manager just fine. But after installing the AppTv skin there is no listing for file manger under system or elsewhere. I was posting to let the skin developer know there's no file manger listed in the Kodi 19 version of the Apptv skin

@MainStreet2018 ,

Skin does support File Manager, but is turned off by default because I prefer to handle file management in my system via external programs.  There are two ways to display the File Manager on the Home screen, either thru the Skins settings menus or from the Home screen itself.

From the Home screen navigate left until the screen settings dialog appears. From that dialog select "Home Customisation". This will bring up the Home Customisation screen.

Or from the "Skin Settings" menus under the "Settings" menus navigate to and select "Home Customisation". This will bring up the Home Customisation screen.

From the Home Customisation screen, select the required Home menu type from top left corner (there are three types to choose from). Depending on the home screen type, navigate to the File Manager entry and select it. In your case it will be ghosted. This will bring up a dialog, navigate to  dialog item "Show menu item", click on that then navigate to "OK" button. Dialog should close taking you back to the Home Customisation screen. The File Manager Home item should now no longer be ghosted. Leave the Home Customisation screen by whatever way you leave screens on your system and the File Manager should be waiting for you when you return to the home screen.

Hope this helps.
Wyrm

BTW, your welcome.
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
(2021-12-07, 04:17)wyrm Wrote:
(2021-12-06, 15:31)MainStreet2018 Wrote: I think my statement may have been misinterpreted. I wasn't meaning there was a problem with Kodi. I can find the file manager just fine. But after installing the AppTv skin there is no listing for file manger under system or elsewhere. I was posting to let the skin developer know there's no file manger listed in the Kodi 19 version of the Apptv skin

@MainStreet2018 ,

Skin does support File Manager, but is turned off by default because I prefer to handle file management in my system via external programs.  There are two ways to display the File Manager on the Home screen, either thru the Skins settings menus or from the Home screen itself.

From the Home screen navigate left until the screen settings dialog appears. From that dialog select "Home Customisation". This will bring up the Home Customisation screen.

Or from the "Skin Settings" menus under the "Settings" menus navigate to and select "Home Customisation". This will bring up the Home Customisation screen.

From the Home Customisation screen, select the required Home menu type from top left corner (there are three types to choose from). Depending on the home screen type, navigate to the File Manager entry and select it. In your case it will be ghosted. This will bring up a dialog, navigate to  dialog item "Show menu item", click on that then navigate to "OK" button. Dialog should close taking you back to the Home Customisation screen. The File Manager Home item should now no longer be ghosted. Leave the Home Customisation screen by whatever way you leave screens on your system and the File Manager should be waiting for you when you return to the home screen.

Hope this helps.
Wyrm

BTW, your welcome.
@wyrm 

This worked like a charm! Thank you. I'm loving this skin. I'm hoping it will help my family be able to use kodi since they all love the Iphone Nod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No File Manger in Kodi 19?0