No play-stop-pause buttons?
I've been using Media Portal for a long time and it works fine with my remote. Previous builds of XBMC would not even start on my machine, this latest Alpha is the first one to work. however, there is no response fromt he play-stop-pause buttons on my remote in XBMC and it seems there isn't even a stop button present in the on screen remote. So if I select something to play, I'm stuck playing it until it's over. I can click the mouse button on my remote to pause it but I can't get back to the menu or stop it. I can't see anything within the program to assign buttons on the remote, am I missing something? I have a Vista MCE remote with the built in mouse pad, it's working with xbmc as far as navigating the menus witht he arrow keys but that's it. I tried installing IR suite to see if there was any sort of options in ther eI could use but there doesn't seem to be.
I thinks the default skin (PMIII) only has play/pause buttons on-screen.

Try installing another skin (I know Media Stream has a stop button), don't have a remote yet though, so can't help there.

Shorty
tankd0g Wrote:I've been using Media Portal for a long time and it works fine with my remote. Previous builds of XBMC would not even start on my machine, this latest Alpha is the first one to work. however, there is no response fromt he play-stop-pause buttons on my remote in XBMC and it seems there isn't even a stop button present in the on screen remote. So if I select something to play, I'm stuck playing it until it's over. I can click the mouse button on my remote to pause it but I can't get back to the menu or stop it. I can't see anything within the program to assign buttons on the remote, am I missing something? I have a Vista MCE remote with the built in mouse pad, it's working with xbmc as far as navigating the menus witht he arrow keys but that's it. I tried installing IR suite to see if there was any sort of options in ther eI could use but there doesn't seem to be.

What software are you using to interpret the remote-commands with?
You just have the Vista MCE-drivers installed?
You'll need to instan IR Server Suite. In the 'Input Service Configuration', select 'Microsoft MCE', then click 'Configure', and in the Remote-tab, select 'Disable Automatic Buttons'.

That should do the trick to get all your buttons working. Smile
Fire69 Wrote:What software are you using to interpret the remote-commands with?
You just have the Vista MCE-drivers installed?
You'll need to instan IR Server Suite. In the 'Input Service Configuration', select 'Microsoft MCE', then click 'Configure', and in the Remote-tab, select 'Disable Automatic Buttons'.

That should do the trick to get all your buttons working. Smile

I installed this remote on XP and it picked it up on it's own I didn't have to install anything. It doesn't look like a standard MCE remote but it works for Media Portal under MCE remote and it works for all other media apps in XP.
This is the model http://www.acesuppliers.com/Supplier_Com...39520.html

In IR Suite, under configure/basic I have "Disable windows media center services" which was already checked, but nothing in any tab about automatic buttons. I'll try another skin as suggested above. What I really need is to be able to assign buttons because I already know the remote works.
You can also try this logs :
- You have to install this library's first : VB6 DLL's !
- X10-BMC (v0.0.8) : X10-BMC

Or RemoteXbmc 2.0 from Mode2006

Kind regards,
Dav.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No play-stop-pause buttons?0