Can't get Kodi to Run mpls files using strm files
Hello, I've asked this before, but this time I'm using the pastebin with my complete log file.  Please let me know if I need to do something else.

I can't seem to get Kodi 19.3 (Windows 10) to run the .mpls files in my Blu-Ray .ISO files using .strm files.  On my earlier versions of Kodi, I use .strm files to open the appropriate .mpls files in my Blu-Ray .iso files that I keep on my Windows Home Media Server.  This has always worked with my other Kodi devices on my network. 

Now, when I select a .strm file via Settings/Media/Videos/ <smb path>, instead of playing the .mpls file that is inside the Blu-Ray .ISO file, Kodi plays the Blu-Ray's studio's intro, movie trailers, and then tries to play the Blu-Ray's menu.  It acts like this is a physical Blu-Ray disk in a physical Blu-Ray player. Here is the Kodi.log file of what happens when I try to run the .strm file by Settings/Media/Videos/ <smb path>:

https://paste.kodi.tv/umiqisepil.kodi

If I select the .strm file using the Kodi File Manager, the corresponding .mpls file plays correctly, but the only way that I can add the .mpls file to my library is via Settings/Media/Videos/ <smb path>.  But when I do that, it always plays the Blu-Ray's studio intro, movie trailers, then the Blu-Ray's menu when I select the .strm file from my library.  It does this with all the .strm files.  This is the link to the Kodi.log file of what happens when I play the .strm file using Kodi File Manager and it loads the .mpls file correctly:

https://paste.kodi.tv/pelelupago.kodi

When I use Settings/Media/Videos/ <smb path> to run the .mpls file, it looks like Kodi is ignoring the text in the .strm file, and instead of playing just the .mpls file in the Blu-Ray .ISO file, it is trying to play the Blu-Ray .ISO file like a Blu-Ray disk.

I don't believe Kodi plays .strm files in File Manager the way it plays .strm files in Settings/Media/Videos, because in the kodi.log file, when I play the .strm file using File Manager, the kodi.log file says that "VideoPlayer::OpenFile:" opens the text (path to the .mpls file) in the .strm file, but when using Settings/Media/Videos, the kodi.log file says "VideoPlayer::OpenFile:" opens the .strm file.

Please help me figure this out.

Thanks!!!
I have the exact same issue, does anybody know how to solve that?
I solved it, in the "Settings - Player" menu under "Disks-Blu-ray" the playback mode was set to "play Blu Ray menu, so the strm file opened the menu of the BD, I changed that to "play main movie" so it doesn#t try to open the menu and opens the .mpls instead.
Unfortunately this doesn't work for me.  When I select the strm file, it doesn't play the mpls file of the iso file that is identified in the strm file, it plays the last mpls file in the iso file, no matter what mpls file is identified by the strm file.
Are there any choices besides these?  When I select that one, Kodi just plays the biggest file in the iso, no matter what file I tell it to play in the mpls file.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't get Kodi to Run mpls files using strm files0