Aeon Skin Backdrop Load Times
Hello everone.

I am running the Aeon skin on my original Microsoft Xbox console on top of the latest TECH build of XBMC.

I have downloaded some of the Backdrop images available from the site and converted them to BMP for use with Aeon on the Xbox.

I have told Aeon where the image are located on my hard drive and it works sort of OK. The only problem I am having is that te images take a very long time to appear and sometimes not at all. I think this is because of the images being to large and the Xbox is having trouble rendering it. If I reduced the physical size of the images thus reducing the file size, would they work better? If so, what size sould I reduce them to for a standard definition widescreen (16:9) TV?

Big thanks.
getfirefox Wrote:The only problem I am having is that te images take a very long time to appear and sometimes not at all. I think this is because of the images being to large and the Xbox is having trouble rendering it.
Yes that is probably the case, also checkout "Aeon Lite" http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=35387

getfirefox Wrote:If I reduced the physical size of the images thus reducing the file size, would they work better? If so, what size sould I reduce them to for a standard definition widescreen (16:9) TV?
For standard definition I would try 720x576, (and for high-definition on Xbox try 1280x720).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thanks for the response.

Should I try this 'Aeon Lite' modification of the skin or just resize the backdrops to 720x576? The actual Aeon components were working very smoothly.
Just resize the images to 720x576 then.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Gamester17 Wrote:Just resize the images to 720x576 then.

Excellent. Thanks for the help.
When I resize the images, the aspect ratio changes and the image looks a little different. Is this OK? Or should I preserve the aspect ratio so that my software fills in one of the values (width or height) automatically based on one of the measurements that I have given it?
Yes, reserve the aspect ratio, making sure the width is 720 (maybe 720x480 is closer).
I use a program called irfanView to batch resize & convert to bmp. You can set it to 480px "on the short side" and will keep the aspect ratio.

Everything loads very quickly & smoothly on my xbox like that.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Skin Backdrop Load Times1