Which art is pulled for background images when viewing "titles" by default?
As the subject says, I'm trying to understand which artwork is pulled and displayed for both movies and TV shows when viewing the "Titles" listing by default. The backgrounds I chose that show up in the default Estuary skin are different for Amber, so I'm trying to figure out which item I need to update/change so I can get the artwork I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance.
(2021-12-27, 00:42)Offsprin Wrote: As the subject says, I'm trying to understand which artwork is pulled and displayed for both movies and TV shows when viewing the "Titles" listing by default. The backgrounds I chose that show up in the default Estuary skin are different for Amber, so I'm trying to figure out which item I need to update/change so I can get the artwork I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance.

@Offsprin , if you have not changed the backgrounds for those menu items, the default backgrounds are located in the folder "backgrounds" within the skin's main folder.  The Movies default background is "Movies.jpg" and the TV Shows default background is "TVShows.jpg".

In case that you were not aware, you can change the background for any menu item, by going to Settings, Skin Settings, Home Layout, Customize Home Menu and Shelves.  In the menu configuration dialog, you can point Amber to either a single image, a folder of images, a playlist, and a few more options as the background for any menu item.

You can also choose to show the movie/tv show fanart and extra fanart as the background when you are browsing your library.  You will find the options "Show Fanart Background for Sub Windows", and "Enable Extrafanart if available" in the Backgrounds section of the skin settings. 

If you want whatever background you choose for the main menu item (Movies, TV Shows, etc.) to show in the sub windows (like when browsing movie titles or tv show titles), there is also the option "Use Main Menu Item Background for Sub Windows" in the Backgrounds section.

Please let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
Thanks Bart, but thanks to your post I just figured out what the problem was. I've got "Use fanart.jpg if present in folder or parent folder" enabled, and that was using literally fanart.jpg, which I hadn't chosen as the background because I'm trying to use textless images...and fanart.jpg has text on it. So now I know what option is causing the behaviour I'm seeing. Thank you very much.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which art is pulled for background images when viewing "titles" by default?0