• 2(current)
[BUG] R6025 - pure virtual function call
Oki with the release of the Beta 1, I decided to do a complete reinstall of XBMC on my Vista Ultimate x64 machine. (See previous post in this thread for complete spec.)

Anyway, removed all xbmc content in AppData folder before installing the new version.

Started to rescan my files from scratch. Tv series worked. Started with the movies directory, bang XBMC hangs after a short while. Ctrl-Alt-Del back to desktop and got the Pure Virtual Function error. Tried again with a rescan of the movies folder, same error after a short while.

Tried to post the debug log to pastebin, but pastebin complains about anti spam reacted to the debug log.

So I don't get this errror on two of my XP machines, but it always shows on my Vista Ultimate x64 machine. Scanning is done on the same content on my fileserver.

Regards
at
This is another thread about the same problem.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=36618

//at
Added the information to the closed trac id. Couldn't not reopen the ticket.

//at
thanks, hopefuly the devs will be able to reproduce this one soon, my HTPC runs XP so thats not a problem but it's bugging me like crazy on my vista machine where I'm trying to develop my skin. jrm if you're reading has this additional information enabled you to reproduce or do you still need more info?
I don't have Vista, so unless it's reproducible on XP, I'm not your man I'm afraid!
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I have vista but only 32 bit and no decent test library. I can try a scan but doubt to find something useful.
Does it crash on a specific movie, file or something from looking in the logfile?
Otherwise I dunno on how to reproduce.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
as far as I can tell its nothing to do with scanning movies or the library, it's just a case of the large image control being used in a skin, for anything, the more its used the faster it'll crash.
Ah true should have read before post Wink
Which skin do you use?
I'm not good in this skinning stuff so need something ready for testing.
I've been making my own skin that uses a lot of largeimage controls.
Here is my latest debug log. I run PM.HD, but get the error in PM3 also.

(Sorry for it did take awhile for posting the latest debug log. I had trouble fining a pastebin that accepted the debug log. Pastebin.com did not accept it.)

http://pastebin.ca/1211410

I can't either give an exact example on how to reproduce the error. When the error shows, it is when I move around my files structure or go to one big video folder (with lot of sub folders with movies) and right click and trying to set content for the movies.

Regards
at
I've created a CD to Install Full Window XP on USB Flash Drive (not PE), everything is working fine (boot time from power on to XBMC is 45 seconds, in XMBC Live its more than 2 and half minutes) except when i shutdown the program terminates with error something like 'Pure virtual function call!' in error window,
Some times i also receive this error on my normal installtion when i
use "Scan for new contents"
Can some one help me how to fix this error?
merging threads.

Please post a logfile. So it looks like that this issue isn't Vista specific
These errors are mostly generated by the microsoft visual c++ runtime libraries. Maybe you don't have the "Msvcp71.dll" or the "Msvcr71.dll". Also try installing the "Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package".

Quick question though. Why would you install XP on a Flash drive? Boot time from a Flash medium is much slower than from a real HD.

Also, the XBMC Live CD is intended to run on various machines. Your version (if not PE) can only run on the machine it's made on.
I'm led to understand msvcp71.dll isn't required or a possible cause since it's emulated and not used directly?
Have a look in the Windows forum regarding issues with the mentioned libraries. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=37684 (reply #7 and #8). Mostly related to scripts and plugins not working, but who knows?
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[BUG] R6025 - pure virtual function call0