MediaStream v0.89 Released
It's that time of week again when we can output the fixes and updates we've been working on over the last 7 days. As usual you can get the skin with the latest T3CH release (should be out any time now I hope) or direct from our website, http://teamrazorfish.co.uk

Changes since the last time are as follows:
  • Added: Initial code for handling 4x3 aspect ratio displays (primarily fonts and Media Preview view so far)
  • Added: fanart to files mode
  • Added: Option to hide fanart for files mode
  • Added: Shutdown/Sleep Timer
  • Added: Thumb image for resume bookmark
  • Added: Missing thumb image for Panel Stream view
  • Added: Polish translation (thanks to haken)
  • Updated: Tidied up bookmarks display in Video OSD
  • Updated: AMT (due to script changes)
  • Updated: Default background image for DVD
  • Updated: fonts for foreign language characters (as before we need feedback if there's any issues)
  • Updated: Swedish, Greek, Dutch and German translations
  • Fixed: Positioning of context menu when thumbs are hidden in list view
  • Fixed: Displaying of weather on home at startup
  • Fixed: Displaying of star rating in Media Preview view

As you can see form the above list this release is the first release since we started work on specific 4x3 support. It's early days for this so we're not looking for people to tell us which parts are still not working. Currently the only screen that I would say should work is the Media Preview view as that's the only one that has been converted properly. The Home screen, Settings, the rest of the media views and all the dialogs have yet to be properly converted so some may work but a lot won't look as good as they will when we're done. Now that the process has started though we have a structure in place so conversion of the rest of the screens etc shouldn't take too long.

If you have any feedback on the 4x3 version of the Media Preview view please post it but hold off on the feedback for other 4x3 stuff until we've developed it a bit further.

As ever we rely on the feedback from users to make sure we are developing the skin in the right manner so please feel free to give us any constructive ffedback you think might help.

PLEASE NOTE: The skin is being developed based on the latest version of XBMC (T3CH release for Xbox and update to date builds for other platforms) so please make sure you have the latest version before posting about any problems.
Thanks, wicked skin.
Just to let you know - the MediaFire link is set to private.
Hitcher Wrote:Just to let you know - the MediaFire link is set to private.

Thanks, I've now updated the link so it should now work
very cool update fanart in file mode is very good addition to a very polished and professional skin that has exceeded expectations.

It makes me want to buy a big tv as On my current set the text is even smaller now than it before as I have no font options in 4.3 mode. For my 22 inch tv it needs to at least doubled in size for the media info for tv shows and movies.

The get movie and tv show info dialogues have very small text and buttons to. A small increase in all the other fonts is need to avoid eye strain on a smaller screens
Excellent stuff. Will try this out later tonight!

v1.0 will be here in no time Laugh
Quick question for the author or any other users- When a video is designated as a movie, it shows up in the Movies section (whereas TV shows do not). However, the movies also show up in the TV Shows section! Is there any way to avoid this? I kind of thought the purpose of having a "watch you MOVIES vs. TV SHOWS" section was to keep them apart? If I'm missing something, please clue me in. Thanks!
Bogus83

I'm not sure why you are experiencing that issue .. sounds more like a db issue .. how old is your db file .. might be worth modifying your db or removing your existing db stuff and doing a new update.

D
Sorry, turns out I should have read more before posting. This thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=36497 had exactly the answer I needed.

And for any lazy people, the answer was "Clean Library" under library settings. Turns out that sometimes file designations get more than one category until cleaned up. I won't pretend to understand WHY, but I know the fix works! Wink
Great to hear it worked out .. hope you enjoy the skin.

D
Could you create an RSS for these releases?
Great update! I really like the fanart in fileview, looks really nice. I wish I could see them on folder-level aswell.

I have my movies like:

MOVIES(folder)
--MOVIENAME(folder)
----MOVIEFILE

But I only see the fanart when I move into the MOVIENAME(folder) and select MOVIEFILE. I wish I could see it when I have MOVIENAME(folder) selected, so it works the same way as with thumbs.

Don´t know if it´s possible though...

Thanks for your great work!
Htpc 1: Intel E8400@3GHz : Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2 G33 : Nvidia 9400GT : Antec Fusion V2 : MCE Remote : Windows 7 64bit : Dharma : Confluence : 1920x1080
Htpc 2: Zotac Zbox HD-ID11 : MCE Remote : Windows 7 64bit : Dharma : Confluence : 1920x108
Take them out of their seperate folders?
It's not practical to take them out of their folders if you have them in multipart archives.
Hitcher Wrote:Take them out of their seperate folders?

Uhm. noo... Eek
Htpc 1: Intel E8400@3GHz : Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2 G33 : Nvidia 9400GT : Antec Fusion V2 : MCE Remote : Windows 7 64bit : Dharma : Confluence : 1920x1080
Htpc 2: Zotac Zbox HD-ID11 : MCE Remote : Windows 7 64bit : Dharma : Confluence : 1920x108

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaStream v0.89 Released0