MediaInfo like addon for Kodi?
Hi,

Is there any MediaInfo (https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo) like addon for Kodi? One that would gather all that info and maybe post online just like the "Kodi Logfile Uploader" does for logs?

Thanks
Gilson
Not that I can think of, but certainly you can use MediaInfo while Kodi is running. It's an interesting idea but more or less follows in the footsteps of all the other programs that could be hooked into Kodi e.g. why not a hook for Photoshop, Excel or Notepad++? I guess the developers don't want to step on the toes of other program boundaries. But if anyone is going to pick-up on this thread, it's best located in our feature request forum for some healthy dissuasive conversation.
(2021-12-28, 18:59)PatK Wrote: Not that I can think of, but certainly you can use MediaInfo while Kodi is running. It's an interesting idea but more or less follows in the footsteps of all the other programs that could be hooked into Kodi e.g. why not a hook for Photoshop, Excel or Notepad++? I guess the developers don't want to step on the toes of other program boundaries. But if anyone is going to pick-up on this thread, it's best located in our feature request forum for some healthy dissuasive conversation.

Let me explain my use case: I am posting in another thread about playing DV media in Kodi. I am "streaming" my content from Google Drive. In order to provide debug information for people participating in that thread I would like to post the media info report with data of content that is not working correctly along with the debug info generated from Kodi (which I can upload directly from it using the Logfile Uploader addon I referenced as example), so ppl can provide a better diagnosis. In order for me to do it now I would need to download the entire movie on a computer and them extract the media info - that is lots of GB just for that little meta data. 

I hope this makes sense to you Smile
I would suggest ffprobe.  There's python wrapper for it and I don't think it would be that hard to write a python script addon that would run ffprobe and display results to a Kodi dialog or write a json file which could be processed for analysis.   Reason for ffprobe is that ffmpeg forms the core of how Kodi gets stream data so it would be compatible.

scott s.
If you play the content with debug logging enabled then the log will contain all the required details about the content. Don't see any need for a separate MediaInfo report.
(2021-12-30, 04:12)jjd-uk Wrote: If you play the content with debug logging enabled then the log will contain all the required details about the content. Don't see any need for a separate MediaInfo report.

I did not know that. Cool, so my use case is covered already. Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaInfo like addon for Kodi?0