Solved seeking within ctuplink app is failing within kodi matrix 19.3 on raspi pi 3
The addon ctuplink displays the weekly video podcast from the German computer magazine ct. It works fine within kodi leia (18.7) or kodi matrix (19.3 oscm) on raspi pi 3. Seeking works, too. But when I want to proceed with normal playback within matrix, the video is frozen while the sound continues. Sometimes even kodi matrix seems to restart. Seeking worked flawlessly within kodi leia.

The uplink videos use h264/AAC. To check if the codec might be the problem I watched a video from the TV channel arte being h264/AAC, too. Seeking worked fine in matrix. Thus I assume a problem within the ctuplink addon on matrix.

Regards, Michael
I don't recall ever hearing of that addon before, although it is in our repo (from a quick search).

If you don't get any response here, you could raise an issue on GitHub for the author (here). That said there hasn't been any updates there in months (indeed most files are a couple of years old) so you may not get anything there either.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thanks for your link - I've added an issue https://github.com/oscaropenness/plugin....s/issues/1

Regards, Michael
The author of this addon did look into my issue. But he assumes that it is not caused by his addon. And that other platforms might also be affected (see his github entry).

Should I post my issue somewhere else or should I wait since there exist already some related problems?
For more details see my error log posted within ctuplink git.

Regards, Michael
I've moved the thread into the inputstream adaptive support section, in case anyone in there can give any thoughts.

The referenced log is here for simplicity of availability to others.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thank you very much.

In the meanwhile I've discovered a workaround: watch a video, start seeking, stop seeking with pause, wait some seconds, continue playback with play. The problem occurs only if I directly jump from seeking into play

Regards, Michael
Thanks for the log file

Looks like the stream being played in the log isn't using inputstream.adaptive - as it's just an mp4 file Kodi is playing directly without any inputstream add-on

Sounds very similar to the issue fixed in https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/20745 which will be included in 19.4
Today I've installed kodi 19.4 as part of OSMC. And the seeking problem within the ct uplink app is resolved.

Thank you very much, Michael

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
seeking within ctuplink app is failing within kodi matrix 19.3 on raspi pi 30