Need help with music videos
Just curious. There is a repository of scrape data on Audiodb and Moviedb available to everyone.

Why isn't there a crowd sourced option for NFO files that you can download and add?
The Kodi Music Video library just needs a simple nfo (text, xml) file with Artist, ‘Album’, Song Title and track no. Take a look at the pinned Music Media Helper app in this forum section, which can auto generate nfo files for all video files sub-folders (concerts etc) pretty easily.

Additionally to Kodi’s Music Video Library, users can actually add concerts and music videos to the Kodi Audio library (i.e. All music is in one library):

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=362545
Personally I add all my music videos and concerts to the musiclibrary. I have them in MP4 format and split each concert to one MP4 per song, making them albums. MP4s can easily be tagged with Musicbrainz Picard and other software the same way you tag your regular music files.

Other stuff like music documentaries and the like i keep in .mkv and scrape them like movies with 3rd party software (usually HomerJau;s Music Media Helper) and add them to the music video library.

To add .MP4 to the musiclibrary you have to change the "advancesettings" file in your userfolder.
I also use mp4 format for all my music videos.  I tag them in MediaMoney4, and hacked an existing MM4 script to generate nfo files from the mp4 tags.  Someone could probably write a script for Picard to do the same thing.  There's also an option to tag the mp4 files and turn on video tag reading in Kodi settings (assuming you treat them as video not music content).  That should work.  An advantage of treating them as music is if you update tags the music library should pick them up if you do a library update.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
(2022-01-05, 10:30)Sylfest Wrote: Personally I add all my music videos and concerts to the musiclibrary. I have them in MP4 format

Unfortunately, there seems to be some kind of limit to MP4 files in the musiclibrary and some file dont get added.
I'm not a 100% sure of what makes some files problematic. But for example MP4 files with filesize over 2 gig don't get added to the musiclibrary.
@Sylfest I wonder if it’s the tagger not working > 2GB? Can you please check and if that’s not the issue log a Kodi issue.

Music Videos/Concerts as MP4 using standard music tagging is a huge step forward IMO.
(2022-01-06, 15:44)Sylfest Wrote: I'm not a 100% sure of what makes some files problematic. But for example MP4 files with filesize over 2 gig don't get added to the musiclibrary.

debug log (wiki) please !! Wink
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2022-01-06, 22:52)HomerJau Wrote: @Sylfest I wonder if it’s the tagger not working > 2GB? Can you please check and if that’s not the issue log a Kodi issue.
@HomerJau that might be the case. I use 3 programs for tagging =) Picard, Tagscanner and Mp3Tag. But I do not use Mp3Tag that much mostly for .MKV files. I almost always use Picard first, then if I need change / add some custom tags to my personal preference I use Tagscanner.
It is the same problem with files that go straight from Picard to Kodi. I have Picard wipe out tags when saving, only keeping a few tags, DISCSUBTITLE and GENRE and maybe more.
Any other suggestion as to how i should tag the files ?

I checked some different concerts with Blu-Ray source that have missing entries. What I find they have in common is the filesize over 2 GB. It don't matter which audiostream they hold (DTS-HD, DolbyTrueHD, FLAC, Dolby Digital Plus)

(2022-01-07, 00:43)black_eagle Wrote: debug log (wiki) please !!
Sure thing =)
https://paste.kodi.tv/qiwozifaze.kodi
I hope it is alright I installed a fresh portable build. And only scanned 4 files
Screenshot of 4 files tagged with Picard.

i then copied the 4 for files and removed all tags with Mp3Tag, and only added artist, album, title and songnumber tags.
Only the file below 2 GB in size made it to the library in both cases.

thanks
edit: oh and sorry for the swedish language in the screenshot.
edit 2: https://paste.kodi.tv/ucacefazoh info from "MediaInfo" for one file that did not make it to the library
https://paste.kodi.tv/zememufuja and the one that got added to the library
@black_eagle Did the scanning tags from mp4 files > 2GB get resolved in Kodi?

I’m thinking of converting all my split MKV concerts to mp4 so I can get them in my Kodi Music library.

On the original topic:
My recent concerts are in a single MKV with chapters using a cue file. Kodi reads the cue and loads the chapters/songs into the music library. Only problem is the last chapter/song has no duration in the Kodi db but playing any song works well. I created a menu node in Kodi to show just ‘Concerts’ in the music library based on Source name. But navigating through the Kodi menu I now get concerts in my Artist view.

See this post for screenshots:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3040211
I had the same problem.  But, I was able to to fix it by reading some of the responses in this thread.  Plain and simple full concert videos or movies can be added to the music video library.  First of all, it does help to have the NFO file of the concert or movie you'd like to add to Kodi's Music Video Library.  I create my NFO files with the template provided in this link.

Second, once I've filled out the form I download it and make sure to place it in the same folder where the video is stored.  For example, I have a folder titled Music Videos where all of the folders in it have the title of an artist.  In the folder that has the artist's title I will then have the NFO file, the video, and even the poster or artwork I'd like to use as a thumbnail or as fan art.  In a nutshell, this is how this would look:  (ESmile > Music Videos > ACDC

By the way, the nfo file and the video file have to have the exact same title.  In this case, the nfo file and the video file in the ACDC folder would both be titled ACDC Family Jewels (2005).  The artwork I just simply titled ACDC Family Jewels (2005)-poster.  I'd recommend NOT to include the year (2005) because you can already include it in the NFO file when filling out the template.  As I have it right now , when I access the Music Video Library the year comes out twice in the title precisely because it was in the title of the video file as well as in one of the fields in the template when creating the NFO file.  So, I'll be fixing this soon.

Anyhow, in the last step one has to be very mindful when importing the selected media into Kodi.  After you've set up your source, when you get to Choose Information Provider, make sure to set it to Local Information Only.  That way, Kodi will only scrape the data stored locally in your device.  After the scraping is done, you should see your video as soon as you click on Music Videos in the home menu.

The only issue I have now is in combining two video files.  This particular DVD I have from ACDC, Family Jewels, actually came with two discs.  As I understand it, I did it the same way I've combined other video files for movies that came in two discs.  I named the file for disc one ACDC Family Jewels (2005)A, and the file for disc two ACDC Family Jewels (2005)B.  So, far in the Music Video Library they do appear as one, but with the title of disc two.  When I play the video, it won't automatically play what's contained in disc two.  I have to manually scroll to the part of disc two that I want to watch.  Any input on how to resolve this particular problem will be greatly appreciated.
I personally quit using (mp4) file stacking as it seemed a PITA.  IIRC you provide a single nfo file without the A/B suffix.  I went ahead and combined all my split mp4 files using ffmpeg.  It is pretty easy.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
scott967 thanks for the response.  So, just to be sure, there's no way to play combined music video files with the A/B suffix in one single video in Kodi's Music Video Library?  Is there some sort of programming in Kodi that only allows the playing of combined video files in the Movie Library?  My DVD for the Godfather Part II came in two discs and I was able to combine them using the A/B suffix with no problem in the playback.  Anyhow, if combined video music files cannot be played as one, then I think this is something I can live with.  The combination of video files is convenient, but not entirely tragic if it can't be done.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need help with music videos0