DVBviewer not using second tuner?
Hello,

I am playing a channel and I start recording that channel. Next I stop the playback and (try to) start playing a another channel. Nothing happens and after a while I get an error that Playback failed.
Checking the log does not give me any clue. The log file is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hREWErb...sp=sharing

As far as I can see from the Media Server web display, only one tuner is active, and the other idle. I would expect that DVBviewer/DMS would use the second channel for the other channel.

Please see my signature for hardware/software info.

Anyone any idea?

TIA,

Bart
Kodi 20.2 runs on a Celeron N5095 with 8 GB memory, Windows 11 Pro 22H2.

DVBviewer 7.2.4.0 with DMS 3.2.4.0 | Digital Devices Cine S2 V7 dual DVB-S2 tuner with CI
Windows 10 Pro x64 with all updates | Core i3 CPU, 16 GB memory
Tuner selection is handled by the Media Service, so please ask for help in the DVBViewer Forum: https://www.dvbviewer.tv/forum/
(2022-01-05, 13:16)manül Wrote: Tuner selection is handled by the Media Service, so please ask for help in the DVBViewer Forum: https://www.dvbviewer.tv/forum/

I did that, but as of today, there is no solution.

I have a new observation: when one channel is playing  and and another channel starts recording because of an expiring timer, there is no problem.
The other way around IS a problem, at least most of the time. When a recording is active, a second channel cannot be played.

Difference between the two situations is, that in the first case, the DVBviewer add-on is not an active player in the process (at least for the second channel, which is to be recorded.), because the DVBviewer Media Server does the work.
In the second case, it is the DVBviewer add-on which has to initiate the playing of a channel, and it fails (most of the time). However, when I exit Kodi and restart it, playing the second channel is again possible.

I think this points to a problem in the DVBviewer add-on, or a problem in the communication between the add-on and the Media Server.

Does this make sense to anyone?

TIA,

Bart

DVBviewer 7.2.4.0 with DMS 3.2.4.0 | Digital Devices Cine S2 V7 dual DVB-S2 tuner with CI
Quick response.

For years I also used Digital Devices hardware.
More exact the Digital Devices Cine S2 V6.5 double tuner.

At a given moment (don't remember anymore exact when, propably somewhere in the 1st half part of 2022) I detected also 1 tuner didn,'t work anymore.
Whatever I tried, I couldn't make ithe 2nd tuner work again. Just 1 tuner present. In my mind I thought the tuner was broken.
I switched to an older tuner I still possesed from the past as replacement, the TBS 6982 DVB S/S2 double tuner. No problem using again 2 tuners.

Afterwards I thought about something.
The moment I got the problems with the Digital Devices hardware was the moment I swithed to Windows 11 coming from Windows 10.

Maybe there is a problem with the (older) Digital Devices driver and Windows 11?
More people are maybe effected?
Thank you for your response.

I do not think I have the same problems.

- The PC runs Windows 10, not Windows 11. (The Kodi client runs on a separate PC which does run Windows 11)
- I am pretty sure that both tuners are OK and working. I can view two encrypted channels at the same time (on two Kodi clients)
  Only when one channel is recording I have problems viewing another.

So unfortunately, this does not help me further!

Regards,

Bart

Hello

That's quick. Nice!

Your flow should work.
Normally you should view something in Kodi while in the meantime you are recording something.
I have used this many times.

By seeing your name I think you are Dutch speaking?
If so, you can PM me. So we can correspond this further in Dutch.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVBviewer not using second tuner?0