Alpha Script EPG Fuzzy Match
Thought I'd toss this out there.

I have made a service script which is skin agnostic and monitors the focused item in your PVR Guide view.

Then if it determines it looks like a movie, it builds a JSON query to search your local database of movies for any match(es) and then will issue a notification and add a context menu option so you can jump directly to the library movie information page (or if multiple matches, jump to a list of those matches)

I plan on working on this further just for my own use, and if others start using it, add more features (like TV show matching)

The only requirement for this skin is script.module.simplecache (I do cache matches to reduce JSON calls)

UPDATE 10/19/22 :

I have setup a repo to make it easier to install:

Kodi File Manager Source:
https://github.com/kcook98765/repository.kcook98765

Direct ZIP Install:
https://github.com/kcook98765/repository...-1.0.2.zip
Very interesting.  When I have a moment I'm going to give it a try.  Thanks for sharing.
Have added Settings section for this addon, you can now toggle appearance of the Notification popups (Match(es) will still appear in context menu when found).
Thanks for sharing ! Will have a go.
Update, I have added Series searching now. Likely need to further fine tune for matching, as Series/Episode numbering can vary between providers, however may of my own series/episodes are matching correctly already.

Movie matching has also been improved and will used imdb number if provided by the PVR.

I will gladly look into any errors (please do post log here) and look into any feature requests and am open to making this addon work with skins (could display notification directly in skin instead of current popup notifications), etc.
Have been improving matching logic. New release available. Have added ability to toggle debug logging, so as not to spam logs (turn it on if you encounter any issues, so that details are logged).
looks interesting, does it slow down browsing the guide? might give it a try
I wrote the code to "wait" until there is a slight pause while navigating, so it does not do anything until you take a slight pause, then the actual lookup/processing runs rather quickly. So I do not see any slowdown (running on windows and a shield).

I have also setup some window "properties" and made a slight alteration to my skin  (fork of aura I also have on github) to insert a notice in guide view details when there is a match (rather than using the notification popup).

Please do let me know if you find any issues, or have any thoughts on improvements if you try it.
If anyone is interested in this, I edited the first post as I now have a repo setup to better serve up this code.

I have also been using this code on my own setup, and so far have not encountered any errors or resource issues running it, and it is matching quite well in my PVR guide.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Script EPG Fuzzy Match0