• 20(current)
Advanced Kodi Launcher - Game and Emulators frontend for Kodi
(2024-03-29, 13:33)moi952 Wrote:
(2024-03-28, 22:18)chrisism Wrote: Alright, some new updates to the beta releases.

- Latest beta version of script.akl.nvgamestream now supports Moonlight QT
- Latest beta version of script.akl.retroarchlauncher now fixes launching ROMs on Windows 

Check it out
Thank you for your work.

I updated but can't get anything to work.
I looked at the documentation but it's complicated.

Can you tell me how to display my moonlight games?

Thanks
Do you have the beta versions of both AKL an the AKL gamestream plugin? And I am just assuming that you have a working Moonlight and Sunshine setup ready.
If not you need to do that first.

After that you can add a new Source and select the Gamestream plugin as the scanner. When setting up the scanner the only difficult part is getting a correct certificate for the connection. I still havent gotten that part to work in Kodi, so you still need to generate a certificate either manually or get it from a Moonlight setup. Perhaps somebody has a solution for how to generate the certificate from within python code in Kodi, until then the manual way is the only way.
So you need to setup the scanner, associate certificate files, point to the remote server, associate with the server by entering the PIN code serverside and voila it is done. You can now scan for all the available games.

Next step is creating a Gamestream launcher (using Moonlight) and associate that with the source. That should do the trick.
(2023-01-23, 11:37)chrisism Wrote:
(2023-01-20, 11:36)isgahe Wrote: Hi! First of all, thanks for this great addon!
I have a problem with .lnk files, because when I build a new collection with those files (example with Pinball FX3 to launch an specific table), I don't know how to configure the launcher... because it's always the same .exe with different arguments for each rom.
Could you bring me light? Huh
Thanks a lot in advance!
Currently I dont have a specific lnk files launcher for collections. You can create a single instance/rom launcher and just use the standard file launcher, that should do the trick. 
However, if you have a whole collection of lnk files that might be a tedious job, doing it for each of the items. I will add making a direct collection file launcher as a new plugin on the backlog. Won't take that much time and effort to implement, but you will have to wait for that one.
Other solutions is trying to use the START command or a batch file as the launcher. Check https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3831...batch-file for some detail on how to start a lnk file with START command or batch. When you assign a standard file launcher to your collection you can point to the batch file and give it the $ROM$ argument. Here you can read about how to work with arguments in batch files: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2655...batch-file
Combine these two articles and you have your solution with the current setup.
Were you ever able to find time to make the direct collection file launcher you mentioned here?  I had my pc games setup to use the lnk_launcher_app in AEL and it worked great.  I was hoping to avoid creating direct launchers for all my PC games if possible and I haven't quite figured out the START command deal yet.
(2024-04-01, 21:09)nikoli4 Wrote:
(2023-01-23, 11:37)chrisism Wrote:
(2023-01-20, 11:36)isgahe Wrote: Hi! First of all, thanks for this great addon!
I have a problem with .lnk files, because when I build a new collection with those files (example with Pinball FX3 to launch an specific table), I don't know how to configure the launcher... because it's always the same .exe with different arguments for each rom.
Could you bring me light? Huh
Thanks a lot in advance!
Currently I dont have a specific lnk files launcher for collections. You can create a single instance/rom launcher and just use the standard file launcher, that should do the trick. 
However, if you have a whole collection of lnk files that might be a tedious job, doing it for each of the items. I will add making a direct collection file launcher as a new plugin on the backlog. Won't take that much time and effort to implement, but you will have to wait for that one.
Other solutions is trying to use the START command or a batch file as the launcher. Check https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3831...batch-file for some detail on how to start a lnk file with START command or batch. When you assign a standard file launcher to your collection you can point to the batch file and give it the $ROM$ argument. Here you can read about how to work with arguments in batch files: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2655...batch-file
Combine these two articles and you have your solution with the current setup.
Were you ever able to find time to make the direct collection file launcher you mentioned here?  I had my pc games setup to use the lnk_launcher_app in AEL and it worked great.  I was hoping to avoid creating direct launchers for all my PC games if possible and I haven't quite figured out the START command deal yet.

The latest beta release of the defaults plugin support direct file execution (scripts.akl.default 1.2.0 rc13). It is not yet fully tested, but if you cannot wait you can go for the beta releases.
Awesome, thanks!  I'll check it out.
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Kodi Launcher - Game and Emulators frontend for Kodi0