• 9(current)
Advanced Kodi Launcher - Game and Emulators frontend for Kodi
(2023-01-07, 22:49)mousex110 Wrote: I am running Nvidia Shield - Android 9.1 - Kodi Nexus RC1 have also tried RC2

I started a clean install, added your dev repository. Installed AKL, AKL default plugins and Gamestream plugin. I then add certs to plugins addon date "certificates folder". Then add collection, then add scanner.

Digging further into your issue and looking at your logs, are you trying to connect to Moonlight's server instance? And not to the Nvidia Experience instance? This seems to be indicated in the line "[script.akl.nvgamestream] root DEBUG [gamestream.py:121]: Server state SUNSHINE_SERVER_FREE" where it should say "MJOLNIR_STATE_SERVER_AVAILABLE". I haven't tried that myself yet actually.
I also did some small changes to the get_random_bytes() method, that hopefully helps with the error message you get. You should install the latest RC for the nvidia gamestream plugin from my beta repository.

It looks like it still wants to pair with the server with your certificates. Didn't you pair them already? You can try the something like the following command in the resources/tools directory for pairing through python script manually:
python pair_with_gspc.py 192.168.1.99 c:\games\gamestream\

(edit: working on an easier way. You can make a virtual env and just pip install script.akl.nvgamestream with the tools and all dependencies. To be continued)

I will try to recreate the same situation and try it out.
(2023-01-08, 17:12)Rockcrusher0101 Wrote:
(2023-01-06, 12:20)chrisism Wrote: Yes, it is simple to just launch an app with AKL. You can add it as a single/standalone rom with a file launcher and point it to Playnite exe. This works.

But why switch from one media library to another? AKL is similar to Playnite and brings all the games directly into Kodi. Currently supporting Steam and file-based solutions. Planning to add GoG launcher support soon. (which can be used to also cover Epic and Steam launchers). Integrating Playnite directly into AKL would also be possible, but that would mean programming a fitting solution indeed.

I may plan to bring the library there. I’ve been through a lot of launchers to get to Playnite before this. I tried Batocera, Launchbox, Emulation Station and now Playnite. I’d rather do everything in one front end like launching windows apps and games too. Does AKL support more recent emulators such as Citra, RPCS3, and WiiU and launch straight into those games? The mini PC I’m using can launch all those and plan to play those games as well.

I’ll do what you Recommended as the rom. I assume this method will also work with the Netflix, Amazon Video, Disney Plus apps from the windows store as well?

I am looking for like what you stated. It’s been two weeks of slowly importing metadata then failing to get what I was hoping to do.

Yes, with the file based / default launcher you simply can import any emulator or application you like. However, with emulators where you want to provide ROM files you should now the proper way of executing the application with arguments. 
Can you explain about the metadata issue? Also for you other issue, please provide a log (see this threadstart about how to do that) when the issue happens. It helps me to find out what goes wrong.
(2023-01-03, 11:14)Juppstein Wrote: Here is a screenshot of the double image behaviour

https://imgur.com/KvbBUyG

As for the scrapers, did you see my post from 21. December about the MobyGames one?

There is a new release of the Arctic skin. I just updated my modded version and should be available as 2.0.1.
Maybe the new version fixes your issue already.
(2023-01-07, 22:49)mousex110 Wrote: I am running Nvidia Shield - Android 9.1 - Kodi Nexus RC1 have also tried RC2

I started a clean install, added your dev repository. Installed AKL, AKL default plugins and Gamestream plugin. I then add certs to plugins addon date "certificates folder". Then add collection, then add scanner.
Voila, this should help you out (I hope).
I now have the tools directly available through a pip install. For details read the readme on https://github.com/chrisism/script.akl.n.../README.md. You dont have to download the source code anymore, just a "pip install" command.
With this you can easily create new certificates and pair those certificates with the gamestream server. Those certificates, once paired, can be used in Kodi. Because of the certificates already been paired with the server it should skip the step where it currently crashes for you. 

I will still try to mimic your setup to verify though. I have to try out the Moonlight server (sunshine) too. Especially because Nvidia will be dropping local gamestream (I hope they reconsider) and Moonlight is only left.
Nope, the strange mirror effect is still there  Confused  I'll go through the settings again. In regards to the MobyGames addon, here is the verbose output when trying to run it over a game: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/8Y4DtCh7JX/
AMD Ryzen 5 2700 | Asus ROG Strix B350 ITX | Geforce RTX 2060 
Ubuntu 22.04 LTS | Kernel 6.1 | Nvidia blob drivers | Kodi v20
(2023-01-18, 10:25)Juppstein Wrote: Nope, the strange mirror effect is still there  Confused  I'll go through the settings again. In regards to the MobyGames addon, here is the verbose output when trying to run it over a game: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/8Y4DtCh7JX/

I believe this should be the issue with MobyGames. Is the API key applied in the settings for the Mobygames addon?

2023-01-18 09:21:09.050 T:17330 error <general>: [script.akl.mobygames] akl.scrapers: MobyGames msg "You must have an API key to use this resource.
2023-01-18 09:21:09.050 T:17330 error <general>: [script.akl.mobygames] akl.scrapers: Scraper._handle_error() user_msg "HTTP code 401 message "You must have an API key to use this resource.""
Yup, the key is applied. I didn't want to give a screenshot due to obvious reasons 😬

Although I could share it with you privately for debugging if that helps
(2023-01-18, 15:07)Juppstein Wrote: Yup, the key is applied. I didn't want to give a screenshot due to obvious reasons 😬

Although I could share it with you privately for debugging if that helps
Alright, well the plugin should mask your API key when logging, so that should not be a problem although it never hurts to double check and make sure it doesnt contain personal information. I don't need your API key to test it though, the logs should be enough. You can set the log level for the MobyGames addon to DEBUG for more detail.

So what I can tell from your logs is that indeed you have set an API key through AKL. However, MobyGames responds with a HTTP 401 (not authorized) and saying you need an API Key. My guess is that you perhaps made a  typo with the apikey, maybe missing a character or wrong one. Double check the API key in the AKL plugin with the one from MobyGames itself.
Hi! First of all, thanks for this great addon!
I have a problem with .lnk files, because when I build a new collection with those files (example with Pinball FX3 to launch an specific table), I don't know how to configure the launcher... because it's always the same .exe with different arguments for each rom.
Could you bring me light? Huh
Thanks a lot in advance!
It definitely is the same key, very strange. I went so far as to generate a new key and try that one, same result  Confused

Edit: based on this post here I just went and tried to scrape an already existing game with valid metadata. 
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2941212

Lo and behold I did not get the error message about the missing api key. But that doesn't really help me end the end  Big Grin
@chrisism 

first of all Thanks! for the great addon, really nice

then I have 2 little questions:

- i use the standard estuary skin but I usually change regularly skin color and style (for example now I am on "flat" and "orange")
the views from AKL are not respecting this, i get the default blue color.
is there anything that i need to do to get AKL to match my kodi skin settings?

- i used Skyscraper from Lars Muldjord (link) as a standalone scraper
i set it so that that i get all artwork under a media folder:
Code:
/games/mame/media/
├── covers
├── marquees
├── screenshots
└── wheels
and metadata saved under a list folder as an xml file:
first line from gamelist.xml:
Code:
 <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <gameList>
      <game>
        <path>/mnt/games/mame/roms/hypsptsp.zip</path>
        <name>&apos;88 Games</name>
        <thumbnail />
        <image>/mnt/games/mame/media/screenshots/hypsptsp.png</image>
        <marquee>/mnt/games/mame/media/marquees/hypsptsp.png</marquee>
        <video />
        <rating>0.6</rating>
        <desc>Konami &apos;88 (also known as &apos;88 Games or Hyper Sports Specia>
        <releasedate>19880101T000000</releasedate>
        <developer>Konami</developer>
        <publisher>Konami</publisher>
        <genre>Sports / Running trails, Sports</genre>
        <players>2</players>    <players>2</players>
      </game>
I played a bit around and I can set AKL artwork/dirs are aligned with the folders I have under media (I am struggling to differentiate between covers/frontbox and other definition.. but i guess some trial and error will sort this)
then if i re-scan local rom I get all the artwork to show up properly.
If I do this I don't know how to pass the metadata from gamelist.xml to AKL

I am thinking that maybe there is a way to tell AKL to import the xml metadata (and links to the artwork) without having to re-scan ( i saw the possibility to import json... )

Am i missing something simple? or would it be possible to convert the xml to json?

any help woudl be super appreciated

M
Hello, thanks for the awesome plugin.

I'm a bit confused, I have installed the Arctic Zephyr Reloaded skin but I'm getting only list and thumbnail views. Am I doing something wrong?
(2023-01-20, 11:36)isgahe Wrote: Hi! First of all, thanks for this great addon!
I have a problem with .lnk files, because when I build a new collection with those files (example with Pinball FX3 to launch an specific table), I don't know how to configure the launcher... because it's always the same .exe with different arguments for each rom.
Could you bring me light? Huh
Thanks a lot in advance!
Currently I dont have a specific lnk files launcher for collections. You can create a single instance/rom launcher and just use the standard file launcher, that should do the trick. 
However, if you have a whole collection of lnk files that might be a tedious job, doing it for each of the items. I will add making a direct collection file launcher as a new plugin on the backlog. Won't take that much time and effort to implement, but you will have to wait for that one.
Other solutions is trying to use the START command or a batch file as the launcher. Check https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3831...batch-file for some detail on how to start a lnk file with START command or batch. When you assign a standard file launcher to your collection you can point to the batch file and give it the $ROM$ argument. Here you can read about how to work with arguments in batch files: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2655...batch-file
Combine these two articles and you have your solution with the current setup.
(2023-01-21, 14:25)Juppstein Wrote: It definitely is the same key, very strange. I went so far as to generate a new key and try that one, same result  Confused

Edit: based on this post here I just went and tried to scrape an already existing game with valid metadata. 
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2941212

Lo and behold I did not get the error message about the missing api key. But that doesn't really help me end the end  Big Grin
And with existing games it did get and download the files etc?
Can you try again with both AKL and MobyGames plugin set on Debug level? Then share the logs again with me. Double check the logs to see if now it is still the HTTP 401 issue or simply not finding the game at MobyGames. Sometimes it is strict with the search input. I haven't encountered this before and I am not aware of maybe some special permissions settings at MobyGames. In the past I have encountered this when I didnt enter my API key completely, missed out a '='. Sensitive data can be shared through private message of course, but the logs itself should be clean.
(2023-01-22, 13:01)mcarni Wrote: @chrisism 

first of all Thanks! for the great addon, really nice

then I have 2 little questions:

- i use the standard estuary skin but I usually change regularly skin color and style (for example now I am on "flat" and "orange")
the views from AKL are not respecting this, i get the default blue color.
is there anything that i need to do to get AKL to match my kodi skin settings?

- i used Skyscraper from Lars Muldjord (link) as a standalone scraper
i set it so that that i get all artwork under a media folder:
Code:
/games/mame/media/
├── covers
├── marquees
├── screenshots
└── wheels
and metadata saved under a list folder as an xml file:
first line from gamelist.xml:
Code:
 <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <gameList>
      <game>
        <path>/mnt/games/mame/roms/hypsptsp.zip</path>
        <name>&apos;88 Games</name>
        <thumbnail />
        <image>/mnt/games/mame/media/screenshots/hypsptsp.png</image>
        <marquee>/mnt/games/mame/media/marquees/hypsptsp.png</marquee>
        <video />
        <rating>0.6</rating>
        <desc>Konami &apos;88 (also known as &apos;88 Games or Hyper Sports Specia>
        <releasedate>19880101T000000</releasedate>
        <developer>Konami</developer>
        <publisher>Konami</publisher>
        <genre>Sports / Running trails, Sports</genre>
        <players>2</players>    <players>2</players>
      </game>
I played a bit around and I can set AKL artwork/dirs are aligned with the folders I have under media (I am struggling to differentiate between covers/frontbox and other definition.. but i guess some trial and error will sort this)
then if i re-scan local rom I get all the artwork to show up properly.
If I do this I don't know how to pass the metadata from gamelist.xml to AKL

I am thinking that maybe there is a way to tell AKL to import the xml metadata (and links to the artwork) without having to re-scan ( i saw the possibility to import json... )

Am i missing something simple? or would it be possible to convert the xml to json?

any help woudl be super appreciated

M
Thanks.
1) You probably mean the new 'View ROM' page from the release candidate version? The normal lists and views should all be handled by the skin itself. The 'View ROM' page is just new, copied some stuff from the video info page from Estuary etc. Have to figure it out still how to make it fully Estuary compatible. But I use the skin Arctic Zephyr Reloaded myself, so I focus on that one too. So if anyone has some pointers, input or can help out, be my guest.
I will first release the pages as-is and try to fix the colors etc for the next release.

2) The import options are mostly for old Advanced Launcher xml format and AEL format. The json format is AKL only. Then there is also the NFO import options (supported through local disk scraper also). The NFO file is a XML file per game/ROM with all the metadata. However the inner format of the XML is not the same as the one you provided. So no, there is no easy way for now to import it. Of course you can convert it around, but you would need to have some coding skills to accomplish that.
Can you share the xml with me perhaps? It is something generated by Skyscraper? I might be able to add a import option in a version later on. It would be nice if everybody could simply import directly from other apps. Also, have a look at the AEL thread, since AKL is based on AEL solutions applied there might also be helpfull here. Also, as far as I didnt already mention it on my own wiki, you can get some more info about the files structure for assets etc. from there.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Kodi Launcher - Game and Emulators frontend for Kodi0