• 23(current)
Advanced Kodi Launcher - Game and Emulators frontend for Kodi
(2024-06-26, 15:37)Lihamureke Wrote:
(2024-06-21, 12:43)FlashOne Wrote: Hi everybody!
I really don't get how to launch a simple .exe Windows file with AKL, I remember it was so easy with the old AEL...
Wiki wasn't really helpful, could you please explain how to simply achieve this please?
Thx

I think it's supposed to work like this:

1. After launching AKL, open context menu and choose add -> Launcher -> Application launcher -> Directly execute the file itself -> Leave application arguments empty
2. Open context menu -> Add -> Source -> Standalone ROM / Application -> Select file you want to launch, set platform etc.
3. Go to Sources -> Edit ROM -> Add new launcher to ROM -> Select application launcher -> Set as default

But this is where hit a wall. I just get "Select emulator for .EXE file" every time I try to launch it, even though I've set the app launcher as default already.
This is because the default setting in AKL when a launcher isnt configured is to open retroplayer. If you disable that setting, then it will give you the error message of a launcher not being configured. Not sure why this happens. I'm going through the same issue.
Hi ! good work with this launcher, i`m on ubuntu version (xubuntu), and i have same problems that are still comented on page 6-7, the launchers do nothing. But after a lot of work (searching also on db) i found that plugin was not able to add launcher to a source, no mather what launcher try to add (also akl.db looks like correct), the log and kodi shows (default launcher:none).

There is any way to solve it?
Thanks in advance
(2024-06-26, 06:40)yawningapples1 Wrote: Anybody has been able to make this work under flatpak? changing settings using flatseal doesn't make any difference.

ok, if someone is also struggling with this I made it work, at least for AEL (I did not try with AKL). I modified main.py so that the external application is launched with 'flatpak-spawn --host'. Then in flatseal I added a dbus session talk permission with org.freedesktop.Flatpak
I'm struggling with this as well.  For my case, I just want to directly launch native Linux games - no ROMs, no emulators, no wrappers of any sort, just run a game directly.  It's remarkable how difficult it is to do that with Kodi.

I actually had this working a couple Kodi versions ago, but trying to set it up again now I'm failing.  Based on the documentation (https://github.com/chrisism/plugin.progr.../Launchers), it looks like the Default plugins is needed, so I have that plus the AKL module and library installed.  Here's my process, and where it's currently failing.

1. Add a Source.  Select Folder Scanner, Unknown platform (Linux or something would be nice, but that's not an option), select dummy asset directory (dummy as in I don't expect it to be used since I'm not scraping a ROM library), then select a directory containing the game executables.  Select 'sh' as the extension filter.  Save and done.  When browsing this source, I see the one sh file that I have setup in that directory.

2. Add a Launcher.  Select Application launcher, name Linux Launcher, and set Directly execute the file itself.  No arguments since (as far as I'm aware) none should be needed for direct execution.

3. Now, associate the launcher to with the source.  Edit the Linux Games source, select Add new launcher, Linux Launcher, Yes to set it as default.  I'm then asked whether I want to "overwrite collection metadata properties with values from the launcher"?  I don't think I do, but if I select No, nothing happens.  The launcher is not added, despite the logs showing this:

Code:
2024-06-29 20:31:57.209 T:19541    info <general>: [plugin.program.akl] resources.lib.repositories: SourcesRepository.update_source(): Updating source 'Linux Games'
2024-06-29 20:31:57.210 T:19541    info <general>: [plugin.program.akl] resources.lib.commands.rom_launcher_commands: Added launcher#400f1ff72955b6cf20ff463a0390f3a9 to Source 06d913a39d50a5e6d092b73104f3071c

I can repeat that ad nauseam and nothing ever changes.  If I try to launch my game, though, I get "No launcher configured for ROM".

So I try adding the launcher again, and this time answer Yes to the overwrite collection metadata properties question.  This time it fails with an error:

Code:
2024-06-29 20:35:15.115 T:19541    info <general>: [plugin.program.akl] resources.lib.services: {"source_id":"06d913a39d50a5e6d092b73104f3071c"}
2024-06-29 20:35:25.495 T:19541   error <general>: [plugin.program.akl] resources.lib.repositories: type: <class 'KeyError'> value: 'romcollection'
2024-06-29 20:35:25.496 T:19541 critical <general>: [plugin.program.akl] resources.lib.commands.mediator: Failure processing command "ADD_SOURCE_LAUNCHER"
                                                   Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "/home/media/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.akl/resources/lib/commands/mediator.py", line 34, in sync_cmd
                                                       return a_command(args)
                                                              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                                                     File "/home/media/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.akl/resources/lib/commands/rom_launcher_commands.py", line 281, in cmd_add_source_launchers
                                                       source.import_data_dic(launcher.get_settings()['romcollection'])
                                                                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                                                   KeyError: 'romcollection'

It appears to be complaining about a romcollection although I'm editing a source.  So maybe a bug?  But honestly, I'm not sure I'm doing this correctly.

@chrisism - if you're around, any pointers for what I'm doing wrong?
(2024-06-30, 03:38)nitro322 Wrote: I'm struggling with this as well.  For my case, I just want to directly launch native Linux games - no ROMs, no emulators, no wrappers of any sort, just run a game directly.  It's remarkable how difficult it is to do that with Kodi.

I have the same use case and made a very quick and dirty addon that just launches programs without any additional features. Untested in Linux so YMMV but it may be some use in the interim.
(2024-07-07, 16:08)mourogers Wrote: I have the same use case and made a very quick and dirty addon that just launches programs without any additional features. Untested in Linux so YMMV but it may be some use in the interim.
That's exactly what I was looking for, thank you very much!
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Kodi Launcher - Game and Emulators frontend for Kodi0
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.