Alpha V20 Linux: Audio Passthrough transcoding not working
Hi, 
Thank you for your effort to make Kodi the best player!

I use development (nighty) version of Kodi on my Ubuntu Server 10.21 and try to update Kodi frequently to the latest development version. 
Recently, I have more and more issues with multichannel passthrough transcoded sound. Mostly new versions do not allow 5.1  transcoded sound. 
For example there is no compressed multichannel spdif 5.1 sound supported in the latest version:
6:20.0+git20220107.0300-a795c1aadc-0~impish
but previous one '6:20.0+git20220105.0307-56530f2222-0~impish' was ok. All transcodd AC3 and DTS worked fine. Recently, more and more often in the nighty versions there is no transcoded sound supported. 
Could you please take a look at it and possibly correct it?
Regards,
Please open a bug report, explain your problem, provide a Debug Log and maybe your issue might get fixed.

Otherwise please expect issues while using nightlies. Kodi 20 (which is the current nightly) is far away from being a daily driver. If you want something stable, then I would recommend stable versions from our PPA.

We appreciate your testing and findings. Just saying that fixing issues could take some time and if you are in need of a stable Kodi version, you might want to use something different rather than a nightly
Perhaps solved by https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/20678

Seems an issue with transcoded audio was introduced by the update to ffmpeg 4.4, so if you're able to complie your own builds perhaps try with that fix included and if solved please feedback.
Thanks guys,
I will take a look.
Today's  nighty version 6:20.0+git20220109.0300-bd79584821-0~impish is ok.
I can play multichannel audio content media  transcoded to 5.1 AC3
Unfortunately, the version:
kodi-bin_6%3a20.0+git20220113.0300-d0db844f8b-0~impish_amd64.deb
kodi_6%3a20.0+git20220113.0300-d0db844f8b-0~impish_all.deb
from January 13 does not support transcoding again...
(2022-01-08, 14:10)DaVu Wrote: Please open a bug report, explain your problem, provide a Debug Log and maybe your issue might get fixed.

Otherwise please expect issues while using nightlies. Kodi 20 (which is the current nightly) is far away from being a daily driver. If you want something stable, then I would recommend stable versions from our PPA.

We appreciate your testing and findings. Just saying that fixing issues could take some time and if you are in need of a stable Kodi version, you might want to use something different rather than a nightly
Reporting bugs with detailed information and logs helps Kodi's development. Nightly versions are for testing, not daily use. For stability, consider using stable versions from the PPA.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
V20 Linux: Audio Passthrough transcoding not working0