Android Can Kodi be installed and run from an Asus router?
Kodi takes up alot of internal space on a Firestick so I was wondering I have the Asus RT-AC86U Router which has a 2.0 and 3.0 usb port so could i install it on the router as well as be able to run it from there? On the router I have a 256gb flash drive in the 2.0 and a 2tb hdd in the 3.0. Am hoping to figure out if Kodi can run from a router. I have no computer and my computer skills are to where I might be able to figure out how to turn a computer on but I would be lost after that. Thank You.
(2022-01-12, 18:30)JAMESCOWAN Wrote: Am hoping to figure out if Kodi can run from a router. I have no computer and my computer skills are to where I might be able to figure out how to turn a computer on but I would be lost after that. Thank You.

Then I will keep this answer as simple as possible: 

No. Not possible

Greetings
@JAMESCOWAN

Don't use uppercase characters only in forums, it is considered yelling/shouting, and not very appreciated.
Since your keyboard seems to be working fine, I suggest you stop doing that.
What you can do however is use path substitution for the thumbnails as that is the biggest culprit of space usage. This is how nearly everything on my lan is done. You would have to do this for each device. I've got 10 or 12 different thumbnails folders on my server right now, one for each device on the lan.

Code:
<pathsubstitution>
    <substitute>
      <from>special://profile/Thumbnails/</from>
      <to>nfs://192.168.1.2/backups/kodithumbs/homewreckerwin/</to>
    </substitute>
  </pathsubstitution>

In your case sub for a location on the drive that you have shared on the router with the usb ports. Keep your thumbnails there instead of on the firestick. Problem solved.

Code:
<to>smb://router.ip.address/sharename/</to>

Where sharename is the direct share of your thumbnails folder.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can Kodi be installed and run from an Asus router?0