Where is Addon Signals?
I'm using Kodi 19.1 from F-Droid on Android 9.0.0.

I wanted to install Addons/(package tab - Addon Browser)/Install from repository/Kodi Add-on repository/Program add-ons/youtube-dl Control (21.303.0+matrix.1)

So, I click there, get the addon-page, click install there:

Unfortunately, the install fails:

Very difficult to read in that scroller, had to repeat the installation multiple times, to be able to type this:
Quote:The dependency on script.module.addon.signals version 0.0.5+matrix.1 could not be satisfied.

Ok, so I found this web page: Add-on:Addon_Signals (wiki) - but:

... it has absolutely no instructions as to where it is, or how to install it?

That page has "Category:Matrix add-on repository", so I would assume it can be found in the same repo where I found Youtube-dl Control (Addons/(package tab - Addon Browser)/Install from repository/Kodi Add-on repository) - but I looked there, and I still cannot find it.

Before I'm told "stupid idiot, just search for the addon name", I have to say that whenever I try to search ( Addons/(package tab - Addon Browser)/Search ), as soon as I enter anything at "Enter at search string", Kodi crashes before I get any results.

So - where is the Addon Signals? Is it already installed in Kodi for Android, or should it be installed "manually"? If it should be installed manually, is it in some repo (like the Matrix/Kodi Add-on repository) so I can install from the online repo - or is it actually not included in online repos, so I should download it manually "as .zip", and then install it in Kodi as a local file?
Ok, I think I found the problem; basically go to the Github page of Addon signals, https://github.com/ruuk/script.module.addon.signals ; then Download ZIP; then inside the zip, change addon.xml as per this closed, but unhandled issue Not able to install script.module.addon.signals on the latest Kodi 19 · Issue #10 · ruuk/script.module.addon.signals · GitHub, then install addon from this "hacked" zip.
Ah damn it Editing or Deleting your own posts - well, after you do #2, somehow even if Addon Signals is installed, others like youtube-dl control will not be able to find it via the right version string; but Kodi itself will notice that its there, and it will somehow offer to upgrade this addon online (?) - and after you do this upgrade, you'll get Addon Signals with the right version string, and youtube-dl Control will be able to find it, and its install will complete.

Strangely, even if I know I have it installed now, I still cannot find it - I'm looking through the list of my installed add-ons, and I cannot see Addon Signal anywhere ?! Oh well ...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Where is Addon Signals?0