Release [RELEASE] Bluetooth Delay
Yes, but fixing that means having to stop the running movie which is a bit harsh in my opinion especially considering it is meant for automation purposes. Also the number of steps to be taken gets rounded so the error should be like 12.5 ms in the worst case which should be tolerable.
Also I don't have a mouse connected Smile
Anyone who uses a PC can make a mistake with the mouse, especially in a smartphone with a touchpad.
The idea is that next time (after the video has stopped) he will not click with the mouse again, but will use the mouse wheel or the arrow keys.

In addition, if you do not reset, then even after restarting kodi, every time you press A and play with the right/left arrows - the steps will be unrounded, until you manually go to the guisettings.xml file and reset the delay. It's very uncomfortable.

As for round, I only use for high numbers like 1.025 or 1.500, where there is a bug in kodi that the number for some reason does not come out round. But for the numbers below I prefer without round, to be exact.
New in version 1.5.0:
-Integration with ''Audio Profiles'' addon
-Notification when playback start
-Toggle even when media is not playing
-Auto toggle when Bluetooth is connected
-Improvements
Hi, would it be possible, and I don't know anything about writing an add-on so it very well might not be, to make it so you can adjust on the fly, like the offset for subtitles? I've been messing with this delay for several days and still can't get it synced up. With subtitles that are off, I usually set it way ahead and slow it down til it matches. Thanks.
(2022-07-03, 21:57)EvilWayz Wrote: to make it so you can adjust on the fly

If you mean, adjust the audio delay in steps when the video is playing, you can do so by pressing A, then with the right/left arrows.
The add-on works like a dream. I really think this should be a native function but the auto-toggle feature pretty much works flawlessly/seamlessly for me. Thanks a million!
Oh nice, thanks. So I leave the Bluetooth alone, adjust the audio offset on the fly and use that value for the delay?

Brilliant, that is.
(2022-05-29, 20:27)vip. Wrote: -Auto toggle when Bluetooth is connected
Thanks so much for that. It does work well even though it seems like it's crudely sending inputs to adjust the delay through Kodi's UI (AHK-style xD). Still I love it of course, it makes Kodi that much better for Bluetooth headphones users. Bless you.
Is there anyway that you can reset previously saved audio offsets made from this addon on profile change?
My point is that if you start watching a movie on bluetooth and addon sets its offsets as from settings and then change back to TV it seems like it's keeping same offsets as on bluetooth profile probably because that was set to be the default for that type of movie..
I think something like what @devkid suggested forcing comand through json would work as hopefully it will override any defaults..
(2022-12-02, 13:15)mariofenech Wrote: Is there anyway that you can reset previously saved audio offsets made from this addon on profile change?
My point is that if you start watching a movie on bluetooth and addon sets its offsets as from settings and then change back to TV it seems like it's keeping same offsets as on bluetooth profile probably because that was set to be the default for that type of movie..
I think something like what @devkid suggested forcing comand through json would work as hopefully it will override any defaults..

If you set a delay (through Kodi's settings!) for any channel/movie, Kodi saves the delay value of each channel/movie separately.
When you use this addon and toggle between speakers/Bluetooth, all previous delay values ​​of all channels and movies are reset to the same value you set as default.
If you want to change the delay value only once, for example for the current movie, you can press A and then with the right/left arrows. This delay value will be saved for this movie only, until the next toggle.

If I understood correctly, you suggest that it would be possible to change the default value via json, so that there is a separate "profile" for TV/movies.
I didn't understand how you intend to use json, since each movie can have a different delay value and it's really impossible to have one profile for all movies. Therefore, you have to rewrite/edit the json each time with a different value, until you find the appropriate delay for that movie.
Anyway, I'll try to integrate @devkid's suggestion.
Thanks
@mariofenech , It's here for testing

Set custom delay:
delay
Code:
curl "http://user:pass@url:port/jsonrpc" -H "Content-Type: application/json" --data-binary "{ \"jsonrpc\": \"2.0\", \"method\": \"Addons.ExecuteAddon\", \"params\": { \"addonid\": \"script.bluetooth.delay\", \"params\": {\"delay\" : \"0.200\"} }, \"id\": 1 }"
Set delay & Save as default (Device 2):
s.delay
Code:
curl "http://user:pass@url:port/jsonrpc" -H "Content-Type: application/json" --data-binary "{ \"jsonrpc\": \"2.0\", \"method\": \"Addons.ExecuteAddon\", \"params\": { \"addonid\": \"script.bluetooth.delay\", \"params\": {\"s.delay\" : \"0.300\"} }, \"id\": 1 }"
Audio delay plus:
plus
Code:
curl "http://user:pass@url:port/jsonrpc" -H "Content-Type: application/json" --data-binary "{ \"jsonrpc\": \"2.0\", \"method\": \"Addons.ExecuteAddon\", \"params\": { \"addonid\": \"script.bluetooth.delay\", \"params\": \"plus\" }, \"id\": 1 }"
Audio delay minus:
minus
Code:
curl "http://user:pass@url:port/jsonrpc" -H "Content-Type: application/json" --data-binary "{ \"jsonrpc\": \"2.0\", \"method\": \"Addons.ExecuteAddon\", \"params\": { \"addonid\": \"script.bluetooth.delay\", \"params\": \"minus\" }, \"id\": 1 }"
I might be doing something wrong but for me it s not resetting the delay...my point is if I start watching movie "x" on bluetooth speaker and set a delay and after I decide to view the same movie "x" on tv speaker the delay is stiĺl saved "default" and didn t reset..
Tried it manually by toggling from clicking addon and also with command and same issue..
I m changing audio outputs with the help of audio profiles addon but had to create my own button context menu to change between 2 different bluetooth devices as audio profiles can only control 1 bluetooth device by default..so if I probably force delay via json trough <onclick> from my xml it will force delay and ignore default..
I will test when I find some time..
Thanks
Anyone know if this still works? I'm trying to use kodi in my Tesla and having a hard time due to delay.
Hello all
I'm trying to watch kodi video with both, analog output (connected to my home cinema) for my wife who is almost normal (on this point), and Bluetooth headset for me ( I'm a "little" deaf). The problem is I can´t sync the two and I do hear a very annoying echo. Can this addon play 2 outputs together with specific delay for each? I can accept any other workaround. Thanks for your help.
Regards
Hello
I'm trying to watch kodi video with both, analog output (connected to my home cinema) for my wife who is almost normal (on this point), and Bluetooth headset for me ( I'm a "little" deaf). The problem is I can´t sync the two and I do hear a very annoying echo. Can this addon play 2 outputs together with specific delay for each? I'm openned to  any other workaround. Thanks for your help.
Regards

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Bluetooth Delay0