How to integrate retroarch in kodi ?
I've setup an intel nuc pc with ubuntu server 20.04, kodi with this guide from @fritsch 

I have also installed retroarch. Until now, I was launching retroarch with a favorite in kodi :

PlayMedia("plugin://plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher/?com=LAUNCH_STANDALONE&catID=b52c571feaf9d4089a9b9ded58af445b&launID=5feb0143b039d741478cbe9003ac3a86&quotWink

The problem is, when I quit retroarch, I don't go back to kodi, instead I have a black screen. I'm either forced to reboot or connect via ssh and restart kodi service.

I've searched through the forum but I can't find any working solution to this problem

Could anyone help me ?
(2022-01-18, 20:09)ClaudeR Wrote: I've setup an intel nuc pc with ubuntu server 20.04, kodi with this guide from @fritsch 

I have also installed retroarch. Until now, I was launching retroarch with a favorite in kodi :

PlayMedia("plugin://plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher/?com=LAUNCH_STANDALONE&catID=b52c571feaf9d4089a9b9ded58af445b&launID=5feb0143b039d741478cbe9003ac3a86&quotWink

The problem is, when I quit retroarch, I don't go back to kodi, instead I have a black screen. I'm either forced to reboot or connect via ssh and restart kodi service.

I've searched through the forum but I can't find any working solution to this problem

Could anyone help me ?

You need to use a shell script to manage stopping Kodi, Launching the game, then restarting Kodi after the game has been exited. Using AEL, you can see this post which goes over how to set it up.
Thanks zach

I followed the exemple in the post you suggested, the script is simple enough but I don't want to launch the game through kodi (I don't need arguments), so I've just replaced

$RETROARCH_EXECUTABLE -L $LIBRETRO_CORES_DIR/$1_libretro.so -f -v "$2"

by the path

/usr/bin/retroarch  --config=$HOME/.config/retroarch/retroarch.cfg

I'm able to launch retroarch and play a game, the problem is when I quits retroarch, instead of returning to kodi, all I have is a black screen. Strangely, sometimes, it works, kodi is back... but most often than not, I'm stuck with a black screen until I reboot or restart kodi service
(2022-01-21, 00:03)ClaudeR Wrote: Thanks zach

I followed the exemple in the post you suggested, the script is simple enough but I don't want to launch the game through kodi (I don't need arguments), so I've just replaced

$RETROARCH_EXECUTABLE -L $LIBRETRO_CORES_DIR/$1_libretro.so -f -v "$2"

by the path

/usr/bin/retroarch  --config=$HOME/.config/retroarch/retroarch.cfg

I'm able to launch retroarch and play a game, the problem is when I quits retroarch, instead of returning to kodi, all I have is a black screen. Strangely, sometimes, it works, kodi is back... but most often than not, I'm stuck with a black screen until I reboot or restart kodi service

It should work - I wouldn't know why it works sometimes and not others (usually that points to a race condition, so you could try adding a sleep command in your shell script). If you're using LE, you can check out LE-RR, which sounds like it does what you want - I've used that in the past and it works great. You could potentially modify the script it uses (which is slightly different) to launch for your case as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to integrate retroarch in kodi ?0