Episode thumbnails displaying when set not to.
Hi
First of all thank you for all the work done on this skin.
Something I've noticed over the last couple of weeks, I have it set in kodi video settings and in the amber skin settings to not display episode thumbnails, it used to show a piece of fanart instead and it showed the same for each episode.  Now however these settings aren't respected and it shows a thumbnail from the episode.
(2022-01-26, 16:45)jparm Wrote: Hi
First of all thank you for all the work done on this skin.
Something I've noticed over the last couple of weeks, I have it set in kodi video settings and in the amber skin settings to not display episode thumbnails, it used to show a piece of fanart instead and it showed the same for each episode.  Now however these settings aren't respected and it shows a thumbnail from the episode.

@jparm , thank you for your kind words.  The Amber setting to "Show Episode Thumbnail" only applies to the video info dialog.  If you have that set to No, you should be seeing a season/tv show poster in the video info dialog for a poster.  As for what you see when browsing your library, Amber has always displayed the thumbnail for episodes, and in the case the episode does not have a thumbnail, then the icon for the item.  In Matrix, if a media item has a thumbnail, then the icon and the thumbnail are the same image.

You can always turn on "Episodes always use poster" in the amber settings, and you will not see episode thumbnails, but season or tv show poster when browsing episodes.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
Thank you for the reply, I've tried turning on "Episodes always use poster" in the settings but I still see an episode thumbnail instead of a season or TV show poster.
(2022-01-28, 00:55)jparm Wrote: Thank you for the reply, I've tried turning on "Episodes always use poster" in the settings but I still see an episode thumbnail instead of a season or TV show poster.

@jparm , I am not sure what is going on in your system, but with Episodes always use poster I see posters when browsing episodes:

In  the screeenshot above, the episodes are showing the season poster.  If there is no season poster, Amber will show the tv show poster.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
I'm not sure why it's not working as it should on my systems either.  I have 2 vero 4k boxes connected to a mysql database, same issue on both boxes.  If I switch back to estuary skin then it works as it should and I don't see the episode thumbs.  Thanks for trying to help, it's not the end of the world just a minor annoyance.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Episode thumbnails displaying when set not to.0