3 minutes to load the recordings
Hi Guys

I've got a long-standing issue that after starting Kodi, the MythTV recordings list will be blank for about 3 minutes...then fine after that.
Various clients rpi, Sony Android TV, Android phones/tablets, XBox & Windows laptop all behave the same way.
The MythTV backend is on a Ubuntu VM running on a QNap Nas.
There are thousands of recordings, but the recordings list seems to load very quickly on the MythTV Frontend app on the Ubuntu VM.
The Windows logs were the easiest to get hold of...I'll upload them.
There is an odd message about "Updating recordings size". I've deleted all the damaged recordings, but still see those messages.

Any suggestions of what might be causing the delay would be great.

Cheers

Mike
https://paste.kodi.tv/ayivaruciy.kodi  for the logs
I saw the recordings list took much longer to load under Kodi 19 than Kodi 18 - and I see you're running 19.

I don't know, but is the file/folder size display slowing things down? Is there an option to turn that off?
Thanks for showing interest Moisie.
I've not been able to find a way to disable those calculations.

It did lead me down a couple of avenues of investigation...while it isn't maxing out CPU on the mythtv backend, there is a significant amount of CPU being used during the recording list load, mainly by MySQL.
Its a VM on a QNAP NAS, so I threw some more memory & CPU at it, without improvement. 
I still suspect that the problem is rooted in some poor MySQL config.
I've been tinkering without success, but I've only managed to break the whole thing once, so I think I'll carry on with that for a bit.

Thanks again for the response.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3 minutes to load the recordings0