HTPC home setups
My Gear
Samsung 85" MicroLED HDR 10+ Top of the line.
Klipsch RF-7 ii Front Speakers
Klipsch RC-6 2ii Center Channel
Klipsch RB-81 ii Back Speakers
Klipsch RS-62 ii Side channel
2 SVS PB-13 Ultras
Dell G series Laptop Hex core
Kodi 19.1 Matrix
Titan Bingie Mod skin
6 - 10 TB HDDs Western Digital
All media is local

The bedroom has My media desktop PC.
Intel i9
Nvidia 3090
Kodi 19.1
Titan Bingie Mod skin.

ImageImageImage
Titan Bingie Mod
(2021-08-20, 03:43)AchillesPunks Wrote: My Gear
I see those speakers and just think.....Back to the Future!
Bet your neighbours love you when those have the volume cranked up high!  Wink
Used to have my TV mounted up high like you, but started getting bad neck ache so ended up having to lower it to eye level. Much easier on the neck now! Very impressive set-up anyway!  Smile
(2021-08-20, 22:42)Dumyat Wrote:
(2021-08-20, 03:43)AchillesPunks Wrote: My Gear
I see those speakers and just think.....Back to the Future!
Bet your neighbours love you when those have the volume cranked up high!  Wink
Used to have my TV mounted up high like you, but started getting bad neck ache so ended up having to lower it to eye level. Much easier on the neck now! Very impressive set-up anyway!  Smile
Lol. That was funny.. back to the future. It's such a big TV you really don't need to lean your head back.. We bought home theater couches as well. They all have remotes and can move your head, back or any area up.

Luckily everyone has houses that are spaced really far apart. We can turn up loud at night and I think we are ok. It would be bad with the houses close together. You can see on the ceiling where a projector used to be, but we have been doing remodeling so it needed to come down.
Titan Bingie Mod
Here's my home media server setup.

The media server is the two bottom server chassis' in the right cabinet.  The bottom two server chassis' in the left cabinet mirror the media content in case of a catastrophic failure.

Media Server Specs:

AMD Ryzen 3700X
32GB memory
2 - Highpoint RaidRocket 2840A RAID controllers
1 - Highpoint RaidRocket 2722 RAID controller
1TB Samsung 970Pro SSD
8 x 12TB drives
16 x 16TB drives
12 x 12TB drives
496TB of total media storage

Server construction history.

Mezzmo 6.0.7 uPNP / DLNA streaming server
Windows 10 x64 Professional
2 SiliconDust Quatro 4k OTA ATSC 3.0 tuners
1 SiliconDust Quatro 1080P ATSC 2.0 tuner

OTA Tuners

Clients

3 - Vero V running Kodi 20.2 on OSMC
1 - Intel NUC NUC 8i7BEH running LibreElec 11 w/Kodi 20.2
1 - Intel NUC NUC 5I7RYH running LibreElec 10.0 w/Kodi 19.3
1 - Raspberry Pi 4 LibreElec 10 w/Kodi 20.2
1 - Raspberry Pi 3B+ LibreElec 10.0 w/Kodi 19.3 for whole house audio streaming has 2ch x 35W amplifier
Multiple Windows PC and Samsung phones running Kodi on Windows and using the Mezzmo web streaming interface

I can easily stream to 10+ clients (1080P & 4K HEVC at full bitrate with no transcoding ~ 250-300mbps combined) simultaneously during testing and record 6 OTA live streams concurrently (~ 72mbps MPEG2).  All clients stream from the Mezzmo server and get full metadata, including artwork, resume timers and more.  With the Mezzmo Kodi addon all clients sync to the Mezzmo server and their database is automatically kept in sync.  New or rebuilt clients are as simple as loading Kodi, and loading the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  After that sync and everything is automatic.  Mezzmo automatically discovers new OTA recordings, scrapes the metadata and publishes for the clients to view.  Mezzmo checks every 2 minutes for new OTA recordings and will update as the recordings are underway.  My video library is over 21,000 items (full bitrate) and the audio library has over 11,000 tracks.  Mezzmo has over 100,000+ pieces of artwork that are served locally to the clients as part of the metadata and the internal database and artwork are around 15GB in size.  Only Mezzmo goes to the Internet to scrape media metadata.  Clients all remain local to my network for security purposes except for Kodi repo updates.

Client maintenance is simple, since the Mezzmo Kodi addon makes performance stats and logs available via a simple context menu.  No digging through log files.

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
I've split you off into your own thread.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2022-01-30, 23:57)Karellen Wrote: I've split you off into your own thread.

Thanks.  I made a few specification edits and added a picture of the OTA tuners.

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
Is that a QN85A? I like the positioning, by the walls. Eliminates the glare issue that I currently face.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core CPU | 16GB | MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max | RTX 3070
@rdokoye

Well that TV is now in our bedroom I have bought a larger TV that cost a bit more, but the TV in the picture it's a QN85Q80R.

I have been upgrading my home theater speakers, subs, and receiver along with a larger better Samsung TV.
Titan Bingie Mod
Do you also have a console connected to it...looks like a PlayStation in the pic?
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core CPU | 16GB | MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max | RTX 3070
@rdokoye

Well like I said I have been upgrading everything so now I have my PS5 on the center shelf. The picture shows my PS4 sitting on the floor. My laptop is gone into my bedroom, and I just built another PC so that's my new HT PC. Still waiting for my JTR 4000ULF subs.

Titan Bingie Mod
Mezzmo Kodi addon looks interesting and makes me wonder if I should revisit my setup, I did intend to move to all NAS as I need more storage.
(2022-12-31, 03:29)fsurfer Wrote: Mezzmo Kodi addon looks interesting and makes me wonder if I should revisit my setup, I did intend to move to all NAS as I need more storage.

Let me know if there are any questions I can answer.  I author the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The Wiki FAQ page is pretty helpful for most questions.  The Kodi support forum for the Mezzmo Kodi addon is here.

Thanks,

Jeff

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HTPC home setups0