How can I sync playback resumption from Kodi on Windows 10 to Kodi on Android?
Good Morning everyone. I've tried to study guides & tutorials in the past but always end up confused, so I'm hoping someone here on this very helpful forum can explain the process to me in ways I can understand.

I want all my video streaming add-ons which are the same across my PC running Windows 10 and my Android powered Tablet and Smartphone to connect with each other so that I can stream a movie or show via an add-on from one device and pick up resumption from the same time code of that same movie or show via the corresponding add-on on another device. I don't care about any fancy skins or anything extra like that, I just want add-on synchronisation from Kodi on my PC, Smartphone and Tablet with preferably my PC being the 'master build' so to speak. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks in advance
(2022-02-02, 23:04)skyguy29 Wrote: Good Morning everyone. I've tried to study guides & tutorials in the past but always end up confused, so I'm hoping someone here on this very helpful forum can explain the process to me in ways I can understand.

I want all my video streaming add-ons which are the same across my PC running Windows 10 and my Android powered Tablet and Smartphone to connect with each other so that I can stream a movie or show via an add-on from one device and pick up resumption from the same time code of that same movie or show via the corresponding add-on on another device. I don't care about any fancy skins or anything extra like that, I just want add-on synchronisation from Kodi on my PC, Smartphone and Tablet with preferably my PC being the 'master build' so to speak. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks in advance

Here's a link which discusses Kodi sharing.  There are a few solutions available.  I can speak to the Mezzmo solution which will do what you want and more.  One thing you'll need to think about is what your clients will me running.  If they are all Kodi clients then you have one set of options.  If you have a mix of Kodi, web and other native clients then there are other solutions.  Here's a link to my setup. which is just a bigger version of what you are describing.

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
Local media files (video, audio) that are scraped into Kodi's libraries can be synced for all connected Kodi clients via a shared msyql/mariadb database server. This will keep track of watched and resume statuses.

Add-ons that stream videos are a different matter. The filenames of those videos are stored as links in the 'files' table of the Kodi video database, which could be picked up by add-ons, but I don't think that every single video add-on will do that.

It also depends on the streaming add-ons themselves. You mentioned "stream a movie". Without any other information from you on the how or what, I should tell you to keep in mind that we have a zero-tolerance stance on this forum on everything related to video piracy. It's all explained in our forum rules (wiki) and piracy policy (wiki). Now the word "streaming" is used very loosely these days, but it still depends on the details how videos are being streamed.

So, that being said, which streaming add-ons are we talking about here?

@jbinkley60 Do you happen to own shares in the Conceiva company? The number of times that the term "Mezzmo" flies by is taking a big flight. And isn't Mezzmo a pure UPnP solution? Just wondering.
(2022-02-02, 23:57)Klojum Wrote: Local media files (video, audio) that are scraped into Kodi's libraries can be synced for all connected Kodi clients via a shared msyql/mariadb database server. This will keep track of watched and resume statuses.

Add-ons that stream videos are a different matter. The filenames of those videos are stored as links in the 'files' table of the Kodi video database, which could be picked up by add-ons, but I don't think that every single video add-on will do that.

It also depends on the streaming add-ons themselves. You mentioned "stream a movie". Without any other information from you on the how or what, I should tell you to keep in mind that we have a zero-tolerance stance on this forum on everything related to video piracy. It's all explained in our forum rules (wiki) and piracy policy (wiki). Now the word "streaming" is used very loosely these days, but it still depends on the details how videos are being streamed.

@jbinkley60 Do you happen to own shares in the Conceiva company? The number of times that the term "Mezzmo" flies by is taking a big flight. And isn't Mezzmo a pure UPnP solution? Just wondering.

Nope.  Not affiliated other than volunteer my time to code an addon which solves a lot of problems I see others struggling with here.  They have been great at adding server features to allow the client to have significant functionality with Kodi.  Yes, it is a pure uPNP solution but very efficient at streaming.  Since I've retired I probably have too much time on my hands Smile   I'll try to cut back on mentioning Mezzmo as much.  I don't want to abuse my welcome.

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
As I found out, the Mezzmo Pro version is advertised on its website, the free version not so much (obviously), hence my frowning on the various topics. So it's all good.
(2022-02-02, 23:43)jbinkley60 Wrote:
(2022-02-02, 23:04)skyguy29 Wrote: Good Morning everyone. I've tried to study guides & tutorials in the past but always end up confused, so I'm hoping someone here on this very helpful forum can explain the process to me in ways I can understand.

Thanks in advance

Here's a link which discusses Kodi sharing.  There are a few solutions available.  I can speak to the Mezzmo solution which will do what you want and more.  One thing you'll need to think about is what your clients will me running.  If they are all Kodi clients then you have one set of options.  If you have a mix of Kodi, web and other native clients then there are other solutions.  Here's a link to my setup. which is just a bigger version of what you are describing.

Jeff

Thank you and yes the add-ons are all Kodi clients. Excuse my ignorance but how would I go about downloading and installing Mezzmo on my Windows 10 Desktop and then linking my Windows version of Kodi and my Android versions of Kodi to Mezzmo to allow Kodi on both platforms to commucate and automaticaly sync with my devices (PC, Smartphone and Tablet?) Is there a step by step, easy to guide to enable this? I don't have the first clue about media servers as you can tell.
(2022-02-02, 23:57)Klojum Wrote: Local media files (video, audio) that are scraped into Kodi's libraries can be synced for all connected Kodi clients via a shared msyql/mariadb database server. This will keep track of watched and resume statuses.

They are mostly Australia only video streaming services all of which are legal. Here are the add-ons: SBS on demand, ABC iView, 7Plus, 9Now, 10Play, Kayo and Samsung TV plus.
(2022-02-03, 01:47)skyguy29 Wrote:
(2022-02-02, 23:04)skyguy29 Wrote:

Thanks in advance

Jeff

Thank you and yes the add-ons are all Kodi clients. Excuse my ignorance but how would I go about downloading and installing Mezzmo on my Windows 10 Desktop and then linking my Windows version of Kodi and my Android versions of Kodi to Mezzmo to allow Kodi on both platforms to commucate and automaticaly sync with my devices (PC, Smartphone and Tablet?) Is there a step by step, easy to guide to enable this? I don't have the first clue about media servers as you can tell.

Here's the
 Good Morning everyone. I've tried to study guides & tutorials in the past but always end up confused, so I'm hoping someone here on this very helpful forum can explain the process to me in ways I can understand.

Thanks in advance

Jeff

Here's the link to the Mezzmo website.  Beyond this you should take the discussion there for support and such.  For the Addon you just download it, install from Zipfile in Kodi and it does everything else automatically, including Mezzmo server discovery, database sync etc.   There's a bunch of options for customization but it will work fine straight out of the box. 

Jeff
(2022-02-03, 02:51)jbinkley60 Wrote:
(2022-02-02, 23:43)jbinkley60 Wrote: Here's a link which discusses Kodi sharing.  There are a few solutions available.  I can speak to the Mezzmo solution which will do what you want and more.  One thing you'll need to think about is what your clients will me running.  If they are all Kodi clients then you have one set of options.  If you have a mix of Kodi, web and other native clients then there are other solutions.  Here's a link to my setup. which is just a bigger version of what you are describing.

Jeff

Here's the link to the Mezzmo website.  Beyond this you should take the discussion there for support and such.  For the Addon you just download it, install from Zipfile in Kodi and it does everything else automatically, including Mezzmo server discovery, database sync etc.   There's a bunch of options for customization but it will work fine straight out of the box. 

Jeff

Oh okay, thanks.. Do you happen to know if the add-ons I've already downloaded will work once Mezzmo is installed? Or would I have to remove the add-ons and re-download them all after Mezzmo is installed?
(2022-02-03, 03:58)skyguy29 Wrote:
(2022-02-03, 02:51)jbinkley60 Wrote:
(2022-02-03, 01:47)skyguy29 Wrote: Thank you and yes the add-ons are all Kodi clients. Excuse my ignorance but how would I go about downloading and installing Mezzmo on my Windows 10 Desktop and then linking my Windows version of Kodi and my Android versions of Kodi to Mezzmo to allow Kodi on both platforms to commucate and automaticaly sync with my devices (PC, Smartphone and Tablet?) Is there a step by step, easy to guide to enable this? I don't have the first clue about media servers as you can tell.

Jeff

Oh okay, thanks.. Do you happen to know if the add-ons I've already downloaded will work once Mezzmo is installed? Or would I have to remove the add-ons and re-download them all after Mezzmo is installed?

The Mezzmo addon is totally friendly and seamless with all other addons, including any you have which might manipulate the Kodi databases.  For good practice I'd do a backup of your Kodi instance or at least backup your databases folder but I've never seen this be an issue. 

Jeff
At the moment I'm trying out  the Emby server because I have heard it's very easy, if this doesn't work I'll try Mezzmo.  Anyway I'm stuck at the Folder network path section within the Add Library menu . How do I actually get access to the filenames of ALL the Kodi add-on videos I have that are stored as links in the 'files' table of the Kodi video database? I have no idea where to find them. I assume it's somewhere on the C:\ of my PC but I have no clue where.
(2022-02-28, 10:41)skyguy29 Wrote: At the moment I'm trying out  the Emby server because I have heard it's very easy, if this doesn't work I'll try Mezzmo.  Anyway I'm stuck at the Folder network path section within the Add Library menu . How do I actually get access to the filenames of ALL the Kodi add-on videos I have that are stored as links in the 'files' table of the Kodi video database? I have no idea where to find them. I assume it's somewhere on the C:\ of my PC but I have no clue where.

Sorry for the delay responding, I just saw this since it wasn't a reply and I wasn't flagged.  I can't speak for Emby but but here the link for the database locations from Kodi.  I hope you are up and running but if not, I don't think you will find things much easier than Mezzmo, including the addon, which is fully integrated into Kodi.  The smart playlist capabilities, ease of sharing data amongst clients (i.e. resume pointers, play counters etc..),  autosyncing and rebulding of clients, centrally controlled artwork and metadata and so much more make it extremely easy and low maintenance.  It has many other capabilities like it's own addons, which including things like Internet streaming radio (i.e. iHeart radio applications and more), and the ability to play live streams and add them seamlessly to your library. 

As for ease, with Mezzmo you don't need to know your Kodi database location, just the location of your videos, music and images (if you are sharing pictures).  The addon syncs your Kodi clients to Mezzmo hourly with a full resync once a day, all automatically.  For metadata and artwork scraping, which I often see struggles with in the forums, it is very easy and automatic, including discovering new content (you can adjust the detection time by folder), GUI based editing of any content and I just finished writing a utility which allows you to track your artwork against your actor data and pull missing images from TMDB and IMDB.  This works in conjunction with Mezzmo's outstanding built-in scraper and metadata manager.

Here's a set of statistics from it:

Mezzmo actor comparison completed successfully.

TMDB image queries:                             1000
TMDB images found on this query:            0
IMDB image queries:                              1000
IMDB images found on this query:          148

************  Mezzmo Artwork Checker Stats  *************

Last time checker ran:                  2022-04-01 22:11:19
Mezzmo actors found:                                   68940
Mezzmo actors deleted:                                     158
Mezzmo Poster files found:                           48539
Mezzmo Poster files without actor:              10869
Mezzmo UserPoster files found:                   10849
Mezzmo UserPoster files without actor:               0
Mezzmo actors with Good Image:                48019
Mezzmo actors with Bad Image:                       350
Mezzmo actors with no Image:                     20958
Mezzmo actors with no Image found:          15347

I write this just to give an idea of some capabilities.  Let me know if I can help.

Jeff

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How can I sync playback resumption from Kodi on Windows 10 to Kodi on Android?0