Customize export library
I'd like to customize the export library function to always select separate plus other settings as a default. Would this be something I can do via the Confluence skin xml code or would I need to dig deeper?  Thanks!
adbLink The Kodi Companion. Available for Windows, Mac & Linux.
Export settings are not a skin thing, but a system thing. As far as I know, the export settings cannot be pre-set (I too wish they could be). Hopefully something can be designed and implemented in Kodi 20 Nexus.
Thanks for letting me know.  I'd love this as a feature!
This might be done using an add-on (which does not exist yet) and via JSON

https://kodi.wiki/view/JSON-RPC_API/v12#...ary.Export

Unfortunately the current JSON implementation seems only support exporting the library to a single XML file (hence the parameter for the path for the file to be written which is required to be set).

Expanding this functionality might be pretty tricky (at least for me). But if, it might be not too hard to write an add-on for that. "Advanced Library Export" Wink

Edit:

I guess I have to correct myself. Looking at the code, it seems one is able to export to separated files as well. 

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...#L965-L988

Will play around with that a bit

Edit 2:

Yes. The code says clearly, if the first additional property is "path" then it will require the path as a string. But that "path"-property is optional and if it´s not given, the executed command is:

exportlibrary2(video, separate, dummy and one is able to configure the settings what is exported and what not. 

I´ll write an add-on for that soon. 

For the time being, you could map a button on your remote to execute a specific JSON call to export the library.
Interesting.  Something else that might be useful is the export of a single library item.  Currently, I run an export of my library once a week or so. It would be handy to export a new library addition, rather than have to sweep through the entire library.
(2022-02-07, 00:39)jocala Wrote: omething else that might be useful is the export of a single library item. 

Very true. 

Will think about that in a future version. For the time being, you could simply disable "Overwrite existing files". That would only export those library item which haven't been exported yet. Won't help if already have been exported Wink
I didn't know you could disable overwrite existing files!  I just press the "no" button with each export.  TBH, I messed up once and wiped out a bunch of customized nfo files. Not a happy day. How do you do it?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Customize export library0